Keep both Rogers an TSI
Does teksavvy put accounts on hold for cable internet? I'm getting a new house and rogers is giving a 6 month promo deal and as much as i hate Rogers the deal is too good to pass up. Only thing is I have to take all 3 Rogers services which is fine and since its contract free, so need to know if i can put my teksavvy account on hold or is it better to cancel?
I will for sure be coming back to teksavvy just don't want to pay account/activation charges.
changing title, because question is answered, but new question is can you keep both Teksavvy Internet and Rogers Internet in the same house?
Txbronx cheers from cheap seatsPremium
Re: put account on hold
I think this has been asked before and they don't as far as i can remember. You should just cancel. Move fee's are involved anyway so you'll just pay activation fee's which are sometimes cheaper
Not to mention you'd be asking for two concurrent cable internet services, Rogers doesn't allow that unless you claim a separate living unit such as a "basement apartment". Regardless Rogers won't waive fees for a suspension as far as I know.
You'll get dinged on move fees too, Tx is right, just cancel, get your deal and then view your options in 5 months.
|reply to jebise |
Yeah thought so, what about keeping both ISP's? Thinking getting the Rogers guy to come in and set me up with all Rogers 3 services, place an move order with teksavvy and then just swap the modems.
I really hate the low Rogers bandwidth and willing to keep teksavvy if needed.
That must be one great deal if you'd consider keeping TekSavvy active.
If you plan on doing that, you could switch down to TekSavvy's 6Mbps 300GB plan @ $30/month to save you some money on monthly bills during the 6 months. I don't see anything about charges for changing speeds. There's $25 @ 75GB as well if you wanted to just not use the connection much and keep it active until you're deal with Rogers expires.
The move fee and activation fee are both $65.
Well the idea would be to use TSI as the main internet and just wait for Rogers deal to expire and return the modem.
The deal on home phone and Cable TV I'm getting is excellent but to get it I need to sign up for all 3 services which means internet. I'm happy with TSI and still want to keep that active because the rogers deal includes Express Internet and 80GB bandwidth is not enough.
If I upgrade to Extreme or Extreme Plus it would cost me the same as TSI. This is why I want to keep TSI active because for internet even with the deal TSI is cheaper because of the 300GB allowance.
As for activation I will have to pay that regardless so not to worried about it, and yeah its the same so really makes no difference.
Its just if i can get both ISP's then I will be in business.
Schedule the install for rogers services first and then schedule for the rogers guy to move the TSI account to the new house a few days after.