spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

atka

join:2011-11-11

[DSL] Thinking of cancelling phone line

As the subject says I am thinking of cancelling my phone service with Telus. And I am wondering what I have to provide to either Telus or Teksavvy so if this happens it can go smooth.

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

Note that you'll be billed an activation fee for DSL and dryloop as it counts as a new activation when you cancel the wet phone line your DSL service is on.

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

1 edit
reply to atka

You'll have to obtain a dryloop from TSI , you can't have internet without a phone line , unless you go to cable .....

bjlockie

join:2007-12-16
Ottawa, DSL
reply to atka

Couldn't he switch to TekSavvy home phone and then he would still have a wet loop?

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Yep , but he stated he wanted to cancel home phone . I assume he has a cell phone and wants to save some $ .

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:5
reply to atka

Hello there,

As mentioned you would need to activate a Dry Loop to continue using DSL without an active analog home phone line. There would be a increase to your monthly bill for the dry loop. This varies depending on the location but if you PM me your account info or post in the direct forum here: »TekSavvy Direct we can confirm that amount for you.

Also there would be an activation fee for the dry loop which would total 114.95. This activation fee plus the first month of the dry loop service will be added to your next invoice.

We can request for the dry loop to be activated the day after (We can sometimes request same day but this is not preferred as if the Dry Loop is activated before the phone is removed from the line it may be activated on the second pair which could cause internal wiring issues), your phone is canceled as long as we have enough notice (at least 10 days).

If you have any further questions, let us know.

Thank you,
Keith
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:5
reply to bjlockie

This would not work as our home phone service is not available in Telus territory (only in ON and QC). Although if the home phone is kept we can offer Long Distance
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )