share rss forum feed

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada
reply to TSI Outages

Re: [OUTAGE REPORT] March 3, 2013 8:09am

»rogershelp.com/wireless_button/ivr/

"Service Alert
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with some customers being unable to access the Internet in the Scarborough area. As of March 1 @2:03 PM we do not have an Estimated Time to restore however we are working on the problem and will provide updates regularly."

How is it that Teksavvy isn't aware of this?

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
We aren't currently affected by this.

Martin

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada

4 edits
said by TSI Martin:

We aren't currently affected by this.

Martin

I believe you were. I had no connection last night and opened a ticket with Teksavvy. I called Rogers this morning and asked when the situation in Scarborough would be resolved. I was told, "very shortly." I replied, "Before the end of the day?"

"Oh yeah, way before then".

I asked if they could tell if I was affected, and the person I spoke to said probably (given where I live), but, of course, he wouldn't test to make sure since I'm not a Rogers customer.

And now my connection is back up.

I also note the alert is gone now (and it was there this morning):

»rogershelp.com/wireless_button/ivr/

Hell of a coincidence

Gskill

join:2012-10-01
reply to TSI Outages
Ok this is starting to piss me off now.

Ever since the internet went out and then came back online, these have been my speeds:

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to TSI Martin
said by TSI Martin:

It looks as though it's not Internet based but town based power outage. Looks like it's the power grid infrastructure being tested.

»www.hydroone.com/stormcenter/
Click at top right on Planned!

And robbers doesn't have a generator at their POI? I"m not sure which is worse.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Gskill
said by Gskill:

Ok this is starting to piss me off now.

Ever since the internet went out and then came back online, these have been my speeds:

[att=1]
[/BQUOTE
Test using the Nexicom Toronto server as that is where TekSavvy connects to the "internet".