spc
Search similar:

uniqs

bwze
@bellsouth.net

bwze

Anon

How to request pair bonding?

I'm in an area with U-Verse availability but I need pair bonding since I am approximately 5000 ft. from the VRAD. I've beat my head against the wall trying to get someone with AT&T to tell me who I need to bug to get approval for pair bonding to be released. Does anyone have any words of wisdom on how I can make this happen or who I need to talk with? I've been told it's a marketing decision and they just haven't decided to do it yet. I REALLY need the extra bandwidth though...

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

Start with a call to 800.288.2020, ask for sales, start the order process, and then request an address validation (get your case number as well as account number). If the agent you are in contact with either has no idea what an address validation is or refuses to submit an address validation case, polietly ask for a Supervisor until you get someone who will submit the case.

If you do not hear anything back within about a week from the case, post in the AT&T Direct forum here or email uversecare@att.com with your name, full mailing address, good contact phone number(s) and email address(es) , account number and case number from the validation case, and any neighbor addresses that either have active U-Verse service or the availability checker shows service to be available to. Immediate neighbors are best (house left & right, houses directly behind, houses directly across the street, etc).

To post in the AT&T Direct forum here you do need to register for the site.

Good luck & keep us posted!
crash58
join:2012-05-22
Clarksville, TN

crash58 to bwze

to bwze
From my experience you can request this(or anything for that matter) but nothing will be done unless their system or techs that come to the house do anything about it.
bwze3
join:2013-03-03
Gaston, SC

bwze3 to ILpt4U

to ILpt4U
So I should go through the order process again. I've done this quite a few times now with no results. Will this really make a difference?
crash58
join:2012-05-22
Clarksville, TN

crash58

It did for me! I just kept bugging them

mmisek
Cleburne, TX

mmisek to bwze

to bwze
My department is directed to dispatch a technician if a customer is on a single-pair, is experiencing poor service quality, and is above 3000ft from the VRAD. If the above 3 circumstances are all addressed (troubleshooting, etc), we are supposed to dispatch a prem tech and notate that this customer may be eligible for a single pair to bonded pair conversion.

I would get ahold of a Tier II agent and try again.

midwest pt
@rr.com

midwest pt to bwze

Anon

to bwze
If I understand correctly you do not currently have uverse, but are interested and located about 5000 ft from known vrad, a coupe of possibilities exist:
1) the area is green but att is trying to first offer service to those 3000 ft or less as they only need one pair, thus more cx outs of box, once that market is saturated say 40% then the 3000-6000 ft inid will be opened using two pairs and only half as many cx avail spots to fill.
2) you are in a MDU complex either apartments or condos and inids are only offered to single family homes, if this is the case your address is probably turned off if others in complex and tried before turning address area as no go.
3) your thinking 5000 ft as line of sight and not cable run which could be 7000 feet or more and inids are not generally installed over 6000 cable length, thus you could be green for adsl2 but not vdsl inid due to loop length

StillLearn
Premium Member
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

StillLearn

Premium Member

said by midwest pt :

If I understand correctly you do not currently have uverse, but are interested ...

I was thinking he was saying that he has it, but he was looking to go faster.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U

Premium Member

If he is at 5000' and on single pair VDSL2 U-Verse, that is the cleanest, thickest gauge F2 pair out there...

To the OP: What modem/service do you presently have?
bwze3
Gaston, SC

1 edit

bwze3 to bwze

to bwze
I currently do not have U-Verse. It is available at the other end of my neighborhood. I have been told that I am within 5500' of the VRAD (i'm guessing it's a VRAD) by AT&T. I'm just trying to get them to release pair bonding so that I can take advantage of the extra bandwidth. I sent an email to uversecare@att.net yesterday and am waiting to hear back from them. If I don't hear anything in another day or so, I'll call the 1-800 number again....

ILpt4U, I'm currently a DSL Xtreme customer...
nrobot80
join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA

nrobot80

You might be just beyond the area of U-Verses reach. An Inid is used on loops 3,001-5,000 feet anything above 5,000 feet is not guaranteed to work. AT&T would rather not provide you service than provide you spotty service and have a bunch of trucks roll out. Your best bet is to hope they fire up another VRAD in the next few months.

mmisek
Cleburne, TX

mmisek

A cx may be set up on bonded pair between 5000-5500, however it will have the lowest broadband profile (19Mbps). I'm not exactly sure, but I think anything over 5500 is IPDSL.
bwze3
Gaston, SC

bwze3

I'd be more than happy with 19Mbps....

mmisek
Cleburne, TX

1 edit

mmisek

As would I. Unfortunately, this is not your download/upload speed, the 19Mbps is broadband we deliver to your home. And I would also like to clarify the incorrect information I gave you in my previous posts. The profile that I mentioned has been retired in the following states:

Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio

Again, sorry for the misinformation.

After reviewing an IPDSL overview, 12mbps (Max tier) is availiable to cx's with a max. distance of 6400.

Canezoid
End of line
join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA

Canezoid to bwze

to bwze
Curious as to why you are stating that you want AT&T to "release" pair bonding to your address ? This is usually an automatic process when your order is placed based on your address verification/availability.

Are you saying that your address does or does not qualify based on what the system says ? Your distance "info" has nothing to do w/ your address availability for service, just because it's in the front of your neighborhood is not a guarantee VDSL is avail to you, sorry.

What happens when you try to order service ? What does the system show avail to you ?

Tech007
Premium Member
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL

Tech007 to mmisek

Premium Member

to mmisek
19mbs service on an inid is also horrible because you can only have a couple of tvs... with triple play because their isnt enough for everything to function. I did an 8 tv triple play once and that was the case, not enough bandwidth if recording or surfing and watching more than 2 tvs
bwze3
Gaston, SC

bwze3

I say "release" because that is what is needed to push the service to me. I base this on what a contract manager with AT&T told me after looking into the issue some time back.

As far as what the system says, it's telling me I'm not eligible for U-Verse, but again, the contract manager and another individual with AT&T has told me that if/when the decision is made to offer pair bonding in the neighborhood, that I'll then be able to get it.

Understand also that I don't wish to get the TV service at all, I only wish to have additional bandwidth for my wife and I as we work from home.

I'm only trying to find out what I need to do or who I need to talk to try to get that decision made.

mmisek
Cleburne, TX

mmisek

I don't like to say it, but that really is purely up to the company's best interest to "release" bonded pair in your area based on the given circumstances. You must understand that even if you're not interested in TV service, many people are and many of those people are going to be in your neighborhood.
GoldenRemote
join:2008-02-13
Lisle/IL

GoldenRemote

Repaired an install 2 days ago tech installed 3801 4300' loop. Max attain. Down was 22 meg but up was only 1400 and change don't know how he got sync must have been 22 gauge on a k-card 8:00 can't convert @ 8:00 on a Sunday night
bwze3
Gaston, SC

bwze3 to mmisek

to mmisek
Understood mmisek....and if that's the case, then so be it. Doesn't hurt to try though. I've been unsuccessful thus far though so looks like the cards are stack against me....
rick92
Premium Member
join:2006-01-12
Eaton Rapids, MI

rick92 to mmisek

Premium Member

to mmisek
I live in michigan and I'm still on the 19 mbs, sure wish they would get rid of it.
bwze3
Gaston, SC

bwze3 to mmisek

to mmisek
Understood mmisek....and if that's the case, then so be it. Doesn't hurt to try though. I've been unsuccessful thus far though so looks like the cards are stack against me....

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David to bwze

Premium Member

to bwze
It's more than just "requesting and releasing it" the hardware has to be there. the CPE is just one part of the key, the VRAD/IPDSLAM has to have the hardware configuration for it too as well as back end hardware.

There is a lot more to pair bonding than "Releasing it"