uniqs
share rss forum feed

wweqweqw

@184.151.127.x
reply to TSI Marc

Re: [OUTAGE REPORT] March 3, 2013 8:09am

hi marc,
thanks for these updates.

i understand the challenges... and please understand our frustration...

it's frustrating to think/feel/know(?) that your isp doesnt have much control, info, or `say` into how and when your `highspeed` will work.

i know you are all working hard there... and your customers are experiencing a lot of down time, unacceptable speeds on youtube, etc. both real. both happening.

thanks,

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

said by wweqweqw :

hi marc,
thanks for these updates.

i understand the challenges... and please understand our frustration...

it's frustrating to think/feel/know(?) that your isp doesnt have much control, info, or `say` into how and when your `highspeed` will work.

i know you are all working hard there... and your customers are experiencing a lot of down time, unacceptable speeds on youtube, etc. both real. both happening.

thanks,

for sure. I hear you. I do have to say though that regardless of what ISP you'd be with, those responsible for actually breaking and fixing stuff are always the same people. i.e. if you were with bell and something was down.. it would be bell who has to fix it regardless.. us having control really doesn't enter into the equation. it just needs to be fixed and all those affected, their users and ours will get back online when its fixed.

I dont think we're experiencing any more down time than any other. I think you have that perception because we report on it all the time and second because we have many users.. so no matter where the outage may be.. we will likely have a customer who's affected by it. others who may not not have customers in those areas wouldn't have cause to report or to know about it...

as for youtube.. it seems that they themselves are having issues.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TomV

@rogers.com

People should relax man its not the end of the world. We know things will be restored shortly. It was very appreciated to know what is going on. In the meantime I'm going to do something without internet. Teksavvy has maybe been down this one time for me. I think their service is great too. Thanks again for the update.