share rss forum feed

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to Threz

Re: [OUTAGE REPORT] March 3, 2013 8:09am

oh I see what you're saying.. right. well from what Martin posted.. it looks like they did notify about it. what's the right thing though when it comes to us.. and you know, our ability to monitor every utility and what not.. that's really not possible.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3

Yeah, Kemptville is quite a distance from St-Laurent.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to TSI Marc

I'm checking though to see if we did get a notice about it or not.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

oh I see what you're saying.. right. well from what Martin posted.. it looks like they did notify about it. what's the right thing though when it comes to us.. and you know, our ability to monitor every utility and what not.. that's really not possible.

Uh....am I the only one here missing the obvious? UPS?...even a battery backup connected to where-ever your equipment is?

Or does TSI not have any physical access at all to the Cable equipment in the Rogers areas, or any other Cable area for that matter?

Or was this a matter of, Rogers network runs through Kemptville which is funny because that's a Cogeco area and with this power outage in kemptville the equipment was simply powered down?

Just thought something like this might be simple to setup...for power outages anyways, it gives you a headsup to say, "switched to ups at xxxx, better see whats going on"....that way you have some lead time before its just 'poof router gone, calls inbound, lets see how big the queue can get before we realize whats broke'...

Just my thinking on the matter.

chantl01
Premium
join:2012-01-05
Ottawa, ON

Thanks for the updates Teksavvy! I really appreciated knowing the cause and the status of the problem. And especially knowing pretty much instantly when the outage was resolved.