uniqs
share rss forum feed

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:1

Blackberry z10

Has anyone had experience with the handset?

I am really interested on trying it out. Will buy it when t-mobile get's it most likely.
--
dslreports.com

RobNyc
Premium
join:2002-03-06
New York, NY
I'm waiting for more reviews, and for it to hit the US Market.
Still too early to say, even though the device is nice.
I really want to see how the android app port is going is work, and battery life. Since thats the main issues with BB right now.

monchis
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to monchis
Wow first reply today and guess what... my z10 came in the mail today.

The software is freaking SMOOTH. I can not believe my fingers.

Ps I have read a ton of comments referring to the bad battery but apparently the new update software they sent has dramatically changed the battery's life.
--
dslreports.com

RobNyc
Premium
New York, NY
said by monchis:

Wow first reply today and guess what... my z10 came in the mail today.

The software is freaking SMOOTH. I can not believe my fingers.

Ps I have read a ton of comments referring to the bad battery but apparently the new update software they sent has dramatically changed the battery's life.

How much battery life are you getting?
From the reviews I've read its reporting 10-12hrs battery life, reviews are saying its the best touch screen keyboard and software is def smooth.

Now how are the apps? Are you able to port iOS or Android apps ?

monchis
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to monchis
Waiting for t-mobile sim to come in because simple mobile cut my data. (I used like 2gb i think lol.)

It's lasted me about 24hrs now, it's red, waiting for it to fully die. I left wifi connected for about 12hrs at home.

My nx4 dies within 8hrs by itself lolz.

Once I have an active data connection, I will let you know the real battery life. Plus I am in new phone abuse mode, so it's not "real" how much I am using it hehe.

I have not tried to side load apps yet. I wasn't aware you can use IOS apps, I thought just android?

I'm not app crazy. All the native features are freaking great.
--
dslreports.com

RobNyc
Premium
New York, NY
said by monchis:

Waiting for t-mobile sim to come in because simple mobile cut my data. (I used like 2gb i think lol.)

It's lasted me about 24hrs now, it's red, waiting for it to fully die. I left wifi connected for about 12hrs at home.

My nx4 dies within 8hrs by itself lolz.

Once I have an active data connection, I will let you know the real battery life. Plus I am in new phone abuse mode, so it's not "real" how much I am using it hehe.

I have not tried to side load apps yet. I wasn't aware you can use IOS apps, I thought just android?

I'm not app crazy. All the native features are freaking great.

My Galaxy Nexus use to die pretty quick too (Factory Unlocked Nexus) running on ATT(StraightTalk) service great service but horrible battery only kept it for 3 months went back to iPhone.

Hope this blackberry z10 brings back BBM to life, i still have my bold 9930 on sprint (contract ends aug 2013).

monchis
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

1 edit
reply to monchis
So far my experience has been great. It's been about a week now, depending how proactive you want to be with saving battery, it's quite possible have it last like 15hrs.

The software is so intuitive. I went back to my nx4 after three days with the Z10 and I found myself trying to use gestures from bb10. I've been pretty much a salesman for the device since I got it haha.

Right now I am typing this while I am playing a video on YOUTUBE. Yep, this is true multitasking.
--
dslreports.com

RobNyc
Premium
New York, NY
said by monchis:

So far my experience had been great. It's been about a week now, depending how proactive you want to be with saving battery, it's quite possible have it last like 15hrs.

The software is so intuitive. I went back to my nx4 after three days with the Z10 and I found myself trying to use gestures from bb10. I've been pretty much a salesman for the device since I got it haha.

Right now I am typing this whole I am playing a video on YOUTUBE. Yep, this is true multitasking.

Instagram available? What other apps do you use?
What GPS app is available? Waze, Google Maps ?

monchis
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
Don't think instragram is available...YET. I believe the most popular apps will be available by the end of the year. I only use crackberry 10 app and facebook.

So far I have unplugged it at 6am, played youtube video for about 2-4hrs worth and it dies around 4pm. I guess it's not so bad, but I have a feeling the experience will get better. I put up with a lot of shit on my G1 and HD7 and look at android and wp now

I have noticed my battery charging has gotten better over time, earlier it would take about 7-8 hrs to charge fully, now it takes like 4-5hrs to fully charge. WEIRD. (and it had nothing to do with me using it or having bluetooth on etc, I tested it in various states and it always charged at the same rate)
--
dslreports.com

RobNyc
Premium
New York, NY
said by monchis:

Don't think instragram is available...YET. I believe the most popular apps will be available by the end of the year. I only use crackberry 10 app and facebook.

So far I have unplugged it at 6am, played youtube video for about 2-4hrs worth and it dies around 4pm. I guess it's not so bad, but I have a feeling the experience will get better. I put up with a lot of shit on my G1 and HD7 and look at android and wp now

I have noticed my battery charging has gotten better over time, earlier it would take about 7-8 hrs to charge fully, now it takes like 4-5hrs to fully charge. WEIRD. (and it had nothing to do with me using it or having bluetooth on etc, I tested it in various states and it always charged at the same rate)

Hope it gets better, I hear the OS update they just recently threw out improved battery life by a lot, did that improve charging time as well?
It looks as time goes by things are just going to get better? (I hope) they do quick.

monchis
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
Yep that is how it seems. Hopefully! I am intrigued by the OS so I will keep this phone and most likely upgrade to their next flagship model.

I was interested in the Q10 but they did a fantastic job with this touchscreen keyboard.
--
dslreports.com

RobNyc
Premium
New York, NY
said by monchis:

Yep that is how it seems. Hopefully! I am intrigued by the OS so I will keep this phone and most likely upgrade to their next flagship model.

I was interested in the Q10 but they did a fantastic job with this touchscreen keyboard.

How's your signal, speedtest, and stuff?

monchis
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
It's good, call quality is noticeable. I never care about that since I mostly text/data but it is very clear. Signal is good, sometimes i've noticed it drops to 1-2 bars but I have a canada model so not sure if that is why, I never actually feel the difference of the signal bars.

Wifi hardware seems to be weak, it'll show like 2-3 bars when I'm in my bedroom instead of my living room. (Modem in living room)

Speeds are good, but this is something i've noticed with ALL bb's I've had before. Apparently you don't need BIS anymore, and I don't have it but I still see the icon. Also when I click submit after I type a web address, it stalls for like 1-3 seconds, then the page starts loading. I swear it has something to do with BIS.

My battery has been inconsistent. I've factory reset through the phone and BBLink software hoping to see a difference. Some people claim to use their BB for 12 hrs hard core use... I think they're are lying or consider their hard core totally different. One person claims like 42 hours with light use, I think he's bullshit.

So far it has still met my needs, it dies when I get home and I haven't charged it in the office only because I am still wanting to cycle the battery. It is lasting me about 7 hrs with 2-3 hours of HQ streaming of youtube.
--
dslreports.com

RobNyc
Premium
New York, NY
reply to monchis
I hope the BBM community grows back again, ugh!
It was the most fun.