Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy
Premium Member
join:2000-10-21

mudchucker to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok

Re: Mech Warrior Online

Raven 3L is a cheese mech just like splatcat

It will always continue to be cheese until they fix the hitbox and lagshield. This also goes for all lights

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I cap more than my share of lights in my Atlas AC20 killing machine.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to mudchucker

Premium Member

to mudchucker
said by mudchucker:

Raven 3L is a cheese mech just like splatcat

It will always continue to be cheese until they fix the hitbox and lagshield. This also goes for all lights

If you can't beat em, join em.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Lights 4evah!

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Played a good 20 games of this this weekend.

My best game was 400+ dmg and 2 kills.

My first mech set up is a Hunchback mech
w/
1x Guass Rifle (30rnds)
2x Medium lazor
1x AMS
UPG Armor
UPG Frame
UPG Heat sinks
225 standard engine
72.1 kph top speeds

My first set up was 1 Guas + 1 ER PPC but it wasn't very heat efficient and I didn't have room for an AMS or much armor so I switched to the 2 mediums and got more armor and I felt much more durable.

I am basically looking to stay back and cover our big guns. If I find an assult I try to pelt it from range and dodge in and out of getting targeted. I can 1v1 assults pretty easily as well w/ 70+ speed. Dat circle straff.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Had a few very awesome games yesterday. Finally got a pretty good handling of my Jenny and I now know exactly its limitations and who to engage and from who to run the fuck away. It's also fully decked out.

I'm just not sure if I should keep 3 jump jets, or go to 1 jump jet and add back AMS.

Also used the opportunity to get a second mech while everyone abandoned me and Jobbie. I kept thinking of getting a med/heavy... but I could never play them. I hate being a turtle... so I went for a spider 5D instead. It still sucks as it overheats like crazy, barely has any armour and slow as hell... but it'll be a real annoying little beast once I get double heatsinks, a new XL 300 engine and a little ECM box. Then I'll be spreading my ECM love all over the battle field.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

What is ECM ?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Electronic Countermeasure. It basically creates a little bubble around me and everyone next to me and screws up with enemy sensors. They need to be within 200m to actually see anyone under ECM on rader, and missile locks take twice as long.
ekster

ekster

Premium Member

»mwowiki.org/wiki/Electro ··· 28ECM%29

A much more detailed explanation on it.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to ekster

to ekster
OOOOOOO thats why I cant get targets on some mechs at long range ?

It all makes sense now. Haha I kept second guessing myself and wondering if I was blowing away team mates.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
The Hunchbacks are a lot of fun, f0rty. My hunchback has 8 medium lasers. I've been calling him the surgeon lately, because I can hit a precise spot with an alpha strike and rip an arm off in one or two blasts.
Exodus

Exodus to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
ECM is where it's at right now. ECM is a must have on the next several mechs I'm purchasing. I think it's a bit overpowered right now. A Raven 3L with ECM, going 136-150kph, locking on you with streaks and 3 medium lasers is just way too much to compete against.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to Exodus

to Exodus
Lol. My driving skills aren't that good. I'd rather stay far away.

My model has 2 enery and 3 ballistics which is dumb I should have bought the 1 ballistics 5 energy model so I could do 4 med lazors.

How useless are machine guns? I have used them and not used them and they don't seem to do much.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I like the Hunchback a lot, my main currently is the 4SP which I have all elited out, tried the laserboat 4P and it was OK but too much heat to move around, the last I used was the 4G which has the AC20 balistics weapon.

The only good thing about the 4G is being able to one shot Arch and ekster while running around on their lights.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

Lol. My driving skills aren't that good. I'd rather stay far away.

Let me introduce you to my LRM boat build if you have zero piloting skills. All you have to do is have awareness, stay with your pack, place yourself in high, well-guarded positions and fire away. You don't need twitch reflexes or mad driving skills. You just need to have command of the map and probably 8-9 mill in cbills. My LRM boat fires off volleys of 60 missiles at a time. I have frequently said "My missiles will blot out the sun." When left alone, I have put out 1200+ damage in a single game.

How useless are machine guns? I have used them and not used them and they don't seem to do much.

They're garbage. Even after they were "buffed", they're still garbage. Even if you slapped 8 of them on, they're still garbage.