spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rickwill
join:2010-03-29
Beaverton, OR

rickwill

Outside Ground?

I was having some signal issues with with On Demand and called and had a truck roll and they determined that the problem was a bad cable between the house and the pedestal at the street. After the cable was replaced and buried I took a look at the cable box on my house and noticed that the ground wire that was attached to a splitter in the box was not connected to anything. I'm not sure if it was connected to the house ground previously. I assume it was since it was connected to the splitter. Should this wire be attached to the house ground?
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

If there is no other ground yes it should be connected.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement to rickwill

to rickwill
Read the link below and then go outside and ground it yourself. Trust me...

»Comcast DVR Box dies with Power outage takes out HDMI and TV
rickwill
join:2010-03-29
Beaverton, OR

rickwill

Thanks, Rody-44 & FifthE1ement. I called Comcast yesterday and a svc man came out this morning and reattached the ground wire. He said that it slipped off the connection. He indicated that even though everything here is underground its best that the connection is grounded. I've always had great service from Comcast over the years, usually next day appointments, the service guys are great and answer all my questions (I usually prepare a list of questions prior to their arrival). Kudos to Comcast.