Shootist
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10
Decatur, GA

Shootist to StillLearn

Premium Member

to StillLearn

Re: [WIN7] Windows 7 System Restore

I have only one theory. And that is to turn Sys Restore off and use a Drive imaging program.

It has been my experience that System Restore simple does NOT work when you really need it. Even with Sys Restore turned off it still creates a Restore Point when you are doing Updates. Which I image the drive just before I do them so I can easily restore my system back to the point just before the updates were installed.

YMMV.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

It has been my experience that system restore always works when you need it, as long as you understand it's simply a system-state rollback tool and not some magic problem-fixer.

If you turn off automatic restore-point creation, I think you also lose the benefit of file-system previous-version support.

It's not a substitute for proper backups, of course.
Shootist
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10
Decatur, GA

Shootist

Premium Member

said by dave:

It has been my experience that system restore always works when you need it, as long as you understand it's simply a system-state rollback tool and not some magic problem-fixer.

If you turn off automatic restore-point creation, I think you also lose the benefit of file-system previous-version support.

It's not a substitute for proper backups, of course.

Yes that is correct. The Previous Version restore is no more.