how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

crash58

join:2012-05-22
Clarksville, TN

Moving Uverse service to another location

I currently live in Alabama and in the next month or so will be moving to Tennessee. Uverse is available where I am moving but according to the website I can't take my dvr with me since I won't be in the same local market(I think they call it DMA). I'm a little confused...my parents in TN have uverse and they have the exact same equipment that I have so I was wonder if someone could explain why I won't be able to use my dvr when I move??

Tech007
Premium
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
I just did an install on Thursday where they moved from tx to the IL side of ST. Louis. I ended up swapping all the equipment they brought and they were going to have to go to the ups store and ship all the boxes back. I couldnt get any of them to load but I had their internet and voip working so finally swapped the boxes and tv service came right up

That might have something to do with it

crash58

join:2012-05-22
Clarksville, TN
What reason would you think this would happen? Shouldn't the whole map of att uverse be running the same systems?

Tech007
Premium
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
Yes. Theoretically everything is using the same systems but copyright protection comes into play with why the website says you can't use your DVR at your new address. If someone moves from one place to another in the same area than its not a problem but when you have different local channels and the regional sports networks etc... That kind of the issue

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath
reply to crash58
This is interesting as you can take your cable boxes form an MSO to a new location if you keep the same provider- IE going from Comcast IL to Comcast IN. The same as with a cable modem. I wonder if their is more to it than just DMCA. Especially since the boxes could be reconfigured and such with the flip of a new file being loaded on to them.

GoldenRemote

join:2008-02-13
Lisle/IL
I've had people move up from tx right outside Chicago and they were told they can't bring their equipment. Was an F & T order but with the moving from old address all no's. Best guess is different VHO area's