All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pamon
join:2013-03-03
Newport Beach, CA

pamon

[TWC] Upgraded to TW Ultimate: Arris DG860 Modem The Best?

So I made the upgrade yesterday to TW Ultimate. Doing more home business work and need the extra bump in speed from the standard. Was hoping for the Motorola modem since had positive reviews but got the Arris DG860 from the local office, stated they didn't have any Motorola's in stock.

Per speedtest getting around 30 down and 5 up. Connecting wireless from a laptop right next to it, debating on the ethernet connection directly for greater speeds.

Anyone know more about the Arris DG860? Never heard of it and had a standard Motorola Surfboard 5100 for 5+ years that acted fine. This has the WiFi router so don't need my Apple router anymore. Any help appreciated. thanks.
Radisc359
join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE

1 edit

Radisc359

The Arris seems to be a decent modem, I have the Arris TG862G which I believe to be the same modem but with phone. Gateway's are never that great but this one seems decent.

You can easily log into it using admin and password(change the password) and put it into bridge mode and that should allow you to bridge your router.

Also Ultimate should be 50Mbps, but Extreme is 30/5Mbps which is what I have it is indeed very good.
missingNo
join:2012-04-12

missingNo to pamon

to pamon
If admin/password aren't working, use the username "technician" and use the Arris password of the day generator to log in.

I've done work for another cable ISP that uses Arris modems and it's literally as easy as technician/POTD. When the modem first starts up after a reset it'll come up as Jan 1 1970, so it might be admin/password but will also theoretically log in with technician/XCA2Y12U71 (the pw for 1/1/1970).

Also, the DG860 is a TG862G with some extra bits when they come up in the network discovery via UPNP it's reported as an "ARRIS TG862G Router".
Radisc359
join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE

Radisc359

Yep, they have the phone part disabled and that is all, but I bet its still in the chipset but they turned it off in the firmware by hiding in the the ui and left out the phone ports on the back.

I have actually found the fcc page on the TG862G and it seems the cable modem uses a TI based chipset with a ralink wifi router built in, here is the page: »apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/r ··· UIDTG862
Titan01
join:2001-08-14
New York, NY

Titan01 to pamon

to pamon
how do u get into the settings. twc is saying im not allowed in to change the pw
mja1980
join:2013-05-09

mja1980

said by Titan01:

how do u get into the settings. twc is saying im not allowed in to change the pw

go to 192.168.0.1 (typing that in the address bar) admin/password and you are in. you can also google the user manual for your modem and it will tell you exactly how to get there.