uniqs
share rss forum feed

Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
kudos:2

Firefox 19.0.1 crashes

When i have multiple tabs opened FF would crash when switching between tabs, but i have about 6 tabs with a flash content opened.

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
kudos:1
I have an occasional ongoing issue when I click on some sites Firefox disappears for a some time and my desktop appears. Then Firefox reappears and the site loads. But this has been occurring for quite some time now using the previous released versions. The problem has followed me on this computer while running Windows 7 before, then running Windows 8 and now that I am back to Windows 7 on this computer, so I must conclude that this could very well be a hardware related issue...some ongoing conflict exists between Firefox and this computer. I do not experience this issue in Chrome or Internet Explorer.

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
reply to Oleg
Sending crash reports?

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
kudos:1
This situation is indeed all related to Flash content on websites. I posted about this months ago. But my laptop runs Firefox just fine with no such issues. I think that the fact that I am running Windows 7 on a Mac Mini has something to do with this. But I agree...sending crash reports would be the thing to do.

jap
Premium
join:2003-08-10
038xx
reply to Oleg
Agree with others: suspect Adobe Flash first, installed add-on conflicts second.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
reply to Oleg
Ongoing but not quite the same as you as we were discussing:
»[FireFox] Firefox 19.0 Final

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
kudos:6
reply to Oleg
Do you force any old extensions to work with Fx v19.0.1?
Same with themes as above?

Latest java and flash installed?
--
"Paranoia, the destroyer"

Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
kudos:2

2 recommendations

reply to Oleg
Well after tweaking FF a bit by removing extensions i do not use anymore, cleaning FF profile, and crashes are gone.

Thanks everyone for your help.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
reply to chachazz
Your Link is broken or I can't see it