spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO

Crytek ceo says offline single player should be killed.

Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli firmly believes that the traditional single player mode that we all play needs to be abolished and instead be replaced with an online single player mode. Yerli told IGN that he’s not saying that there will be no single-player experiences, instead it could be it’s called Connected Single-Player or Online Single-Player.

“I think the notion of a single-player experience has to go away. However, I’m not saying that there will be no single-player experiences … it could be it’s called Connected Single-Player or Online Single-Player instead.”

“Online and social can reignite single-player in a new type of context and provide benefits that will make you want to be a part of a connected story-mode rather than a disconnected story-mode. Sure, if the technology forces you to play a traditional single-player game online, that doesn’t make sense but if it’s offering actual benefits to be online then you want to be part of it.”
»mynintendonews.com/2013/03/01/cr···-player/

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

1 recommendation

Now if only he can convince ISPs to get off their fatcat asses and roll out truly high-speed fiber at decent prices to the rest of the country.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

DMWCincy

join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH

1 recommendation

reply to me1212

yeah this worked so great for DIII. I hate the fact that I couldn't play for a week when a tree decided it was tired of standing and took out my internet.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to me1212

I like solo play. I hate playing with others, for a wide varity of reasons.

That said, if it was an option to play on line as a solo player, and then having people "drop in" to achieve a goal, then it might not be a bad thing.

But as it has already been mentioned, what to do about those pesky broadband meters?
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
reply to me1212

Well atleast it will kill off quite a bit of crysis fans and it will stop the pirates.

Deschain

join:2012-12-13
Blighty
reply to me1212

Hold on..... I play computer games because I DONT want to be social!!

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2
reply to me1212

I disagree with this, if for nothing than pure principle.

I DO like to play solo games and for whatever reason I can come up with at the time. It's about giving the option to the consumer.

If I want to be the grumpy old man missing out on a hell of a party online because I choose not to join, then so be it, but give me the fucking choice, don't TELL me how I should game.

What pricks.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

said by Koil:

give me the fucking choice, don't TELL me how I should game.

What pricks.

Massive thumbs up.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Koil

said by Koil:

If I want to be the grumpy old man missing out on a hell of a party online because I choose not to join, then so be it, but give me the fucking choice, don't TELL me how I should game.

Bu Bu But then we can't monitor your activity to make sure you paid for the game via intrusive DRM or try to sell you stuff via microtransactions! Why do you hate America?
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to me1212

I'm surprised those clowns haven't done more to add interactive ads to increase our experience as well.

Especially for FPS games. Putting 5 minutes of commercials in between every 15 minutes of matches sounds like it's right up their alley.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

Subway with pepsi health packs incoming.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

1 edit
reply to ekster

meh

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to ekster

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

That's a lot of Subway with pepsi health packs incoming this way.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Jobbie

bah

facepalm

join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

said by Koil:

give me the fucking choice, don't TELL me how I should game.

What pricks.

Massive thumbs up.

^^
--
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~ Thomas Jefferson