Need for Speed
Premium
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

[Rant] Needing to call to cancel..

Anything you can sign up online for, should have the option to cancel online, and not have to call someone on the phone.

Very annoying.
--
What the heck is a GatorKram? »www.gatorkram.com

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4

Wouldn't make much business sense.

Traxless
Premium
join:2005-02-16
USA
reply to gatorkram

said by gatorkram:

Anything you can sign up online for, should have the option to cancel online, and not have to call someone on the phone.

+1

But then, what are customers anyway ... just a means to an end.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

Also could be a security issue.... perfect spite attack... get password, cancel service, cause headaches.

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA

said by dib22:

said by Alcohol:

Also could be a security issue.... perfect spite attack... get password, cancel service, cause headaches.

While I can see your point, as someone who's in the unfortunate position of having a few morons who keep using my Gmail address as theirs when signing up for anything and everything, I like being able to go in with the password and close accounts without having to get on the phone. I did have to actually call Ebay to get an account shut down, and I was surprised at how simple it was once I explained the sitaution. That's the only place I've ever had to actually call. Everything else I was able to handle through either live chat or just account cancellation options directly in the settings. It's not my fault if people are too stupid to use their own e-mail address correctly. I could understand if it was something that happened once in a blue moon, but at least once a week I'm either getting misdirected mails for this same person or they're signing up for some account or service. The latest involved them giving out my e-mail address to a bunch of real estate agents in Chicago because they were looking for a house. What a waste of everyone's time. They weren't getting the e-mails for the houses, I was getting e-mails I didn't want, and the real estate agents were wasting time contacting someone who wasn't even interested.
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

H_T_R_N
Premium
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by danawhitaker:

said by dib22:

said by Alcohol:

While I can see your point, as someone who's in the unfortunate position of having a few morons who keep using my Gmail address as theirs when signing up for anything and everything, I like being able to go in with the password and close accounts without having to get on the phone. I did have to actually call Ebay to get an account shut down, and I was surprised at how simple it was once I explained the sitaution. That's the only place I've ever had to actually call. Everything else I was able to handle through either live chat or just account cancellation options directly in the settings. It's not my fault if people are too stupid to use their own e-mail address correctly. I could understand if it was something that happened once in a blue moon, but at least once a week I'm either getting misdirected mails for this same person or they're signing up for some account or service. The latest involved them giving out my e-mail address to a bunch of real estate agents in Chicago because they were looking for a house. What a waste of everyone's time. They weren't getting the e-mails for the houses, I was getting e-mails I didn't want, and the real estate agents were wasting time contacting someone who wasn't even interested.

Your address isn't me@home.com is it?

jjoshua
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ
kudos:3

said by H_T_R_N:

Your address isn't me@home.com is it?

no@email.com