uniqs
ice
Sleep Less, Game More
join:2002-07-01
Wind Gap, PA

3 edits

ice

[CATV] Garbage reception on certain channels - Wind Gap, PA

It's been like this for as long as I can remember, finally getting tired of it. Most importantly, AMC is unwatchable.

This is just an HD converter box connected vis HDMI. Everything is tight. Do I just need a new box?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· tQ-G-u74
ice

ice

Well, it's not the box. I put it downstairs and it worked fine on a new TV. I switched the cable coming from the wall and that didn't help either, god I hate this house.

Deadwalking
@rcn.com

Deadwalking to ice

Anon

to ice
This is a known issue and has nothing to do with rcn. It's AMC that is sending over compressed picture to cable companies:

»AMC HD Quality

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium Member
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA

shadyman777 to ice

Premium Member

to ice
I've seen it where sometimes electrical interference from unshielded cable wires in close proximity cause this to happen. Also, older wiring can cause this too. The thing to check here is, what's different between both areas tested. Distance from where the main line is connected to the house, electrical wires around cable lines, etc...

And this is my inner child....I'm sorry, have to say it, that youtube username is freaking awesome and hilarious! "footdickbubblehair"

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA

rcnman to ice

Premium Member

to ice
I would request a trouble call, you may have a splitter in the wall gone bad, bad tap. It could be anything, is it JUST AMC that does this? Does it do it on other jacks in the house or just this one?
ice
Sleep Less, Game More
join:2002-07-01
Wind Gap, PA

ice

said by rcnman:

I would request a trouble call, you may have a splitter in the wall gone bad, bad tap. It could be anything, is it JUST AMC that does this? Does it do it on other jacks in the house or just this one?

Whoops, forgot about this post.

AMC is the worst channel, but it's not the only one. I think Comedy Central also skips every 10 seconds or so, and so does SpikeTV. Doesn't do it on any other jacks in the house that I'm aware of. I guess having someone come out is the only thing to do.