All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ijake
join:2013-03-04

ijake

[DSL] Cellpipe How Do I Update My Firmware

Hello, I have the Cellpipe modem, with the 1.0.4.4R3 firmware.
So I have the reboot issue constantly.

How do I update my Cellpipe modems firmware to 1.0.4.4R8. As this version fixes the reboot issue.

My modem also acts as my router, so I enter my PPPoE credentials into the modem. My firmware does not seem to get updated for reason though. Am I missing a step?

Viral
join:2011-09-10
Windsor, ON

Viral

Bell doesn't update them anymore, you can contact TSI and request a modem swap to the new Sagemcom modem instead
ijake

ijake

This is what I did,the Sagemcom is doing the exact same thing, but its worse because when this modem reboots, it take a lot longer than the cellpipe did to connect back to the internet.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by ijake:

This is what I did,the Sagemcom is doing the exact same thing, but its worse because when this modem reboots, it take a lot longer than the cellpipe did to connect back to the internet.

Than don't reboot it, other than that their is no way to fix it.
ijake

ijake

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer on that subject. I don't reboot my modem. The modem reboots for some unknown reason randomly throughout the day.

I had this exact same problem with the Cellpipe modem, which is why TSI sent me this sagemcom modem.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

All lights go off when it reboots? What does the system log say before/after the power cycle?
Eug
join:2007-04-14
Canada

Eug to ijake

to ijake

Reboots and location in the house

Is the modem right at the entry point of the line for your home? I had the same problem until I moved it from a more remote location in the house to the connection right after the demarcation point in the house.