TheGeeze
Premium Member
join:2002-07-17
united state

TheGeeze to WeatherBug

Premium Member

to WeatherBug

Re: Need a good affordable weather station

I have the Ambient WS-2080. It's been up and running for about 2 years now. Overall I've been very pleased with it. It comes with EasyWeather software but I run Cumulus software by Sandaysoft which is more versatile. I've modified the rain gauge and wind vane, and replaced the anemometer once. I've modified the sensor sun shield by converting it to a fan aspirated unit which is solar powered. The wireless receiver works reasonably well. It occasionally loses contact with the sending unit, but not for long (one or two minutes at a time, once or twice a day). It is up and running on the web at »magnoliaweather.net

WeatherBug
@bhn.net

WeatherBug

Anon

said by TheGeeze:

I have the Ambient WS-2080. It's been up and running for about 2 years now. Overall I've been very pleased with it. It comes with EasyWeather software but I run Cumulus software by Sandaysoft which is more versatile. I've modified the rain gauge and wind vane, and replaced the anemometer once. I've modified the sensor sun shield by converting it to a fan aspirated unit which is solar powered. The wireless receiver works reasonably well. It occasionally loses contact with the sending unit, but not for long (one or two minutes at a time, once or twice a day). It is up and running on the web at »magnoliaweather.net

Thanks for the feedback