how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL

The Secret World?

Does anyone play this? My brother in law plays and says he loves it. Yesterday he bought the game for me so I would try it. The download took forever so I didn't do very much, infact I made it to the exact same point that I did in beta. So if anyone plays; is teh game any good? is the a decent population? is there any good end game content?

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13

I started playing about a week ago and I enjoy it thus far. I've done one instance, Polaris, as a Fist and AR healer, it was pretty fun. The biggest issue with the game is that combat is relatively uninspired. Atmosphere om zones, story, quests (or missions), and character building itself are all really neat and unique. I'll stick with it for a good while to see how it pans out, population seems fine, players are relatively nice.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2

I played in the beta and was ultimately unimpressed, but I've been hearing really good things lately since they've ditched the monthly sub model. Apparently the questing and detective stuff is great.
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13

Yep, the investigation quests are really cool and do make you think. Of course you can always just look them up if you feel like cheating.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to jofos

I loved the look, sound, overall setting. Combat was the turn off for me. Characters looked good but character movement was very unnatural.

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to jofos

I enjoy the game. I would echo what others have to say. The story and atmosphere is great. I belong to a "casual" guild (called death incorporated) that is pretty easy going and is there for the days you play and understands life can get busy and people my disappear for periods of time. The group has a good sense of humour and is great for having people to socialize with in game.

I would say killing the monthly subscription fee was a good call by the makers. I think many people are interested in the game but the subsciption fee made the entry into the game too step.

Fun Fact: If you got the simcity pre-order $20 off coupon. This game is eligible. (Thus making it a $10 purchase).

GreyArea

join:2013-01-07
Anchorage, AK
reply to jofos

This game just looks like yet another redo of Anarchy Online.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

And I loved Anarchy Online. I still play it.

Jaghar

join:2001-01-30
Painesville, OH
reply to jofos

Although I don't play the game anymore, I don't regret having played it.

The voice acting is superb. It's the best I've ever encountered in any MMO. The story is interesting also
--
We will always be much more human than we wish to be.

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

I actually kinda felt it could have worked really well as a single player open world game.