All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
ijake
join:2013-03-04

ijake to Phibian

to Phibian

Re: [DSL] Cellpipe random reboots / loss of sync (Check logs ple

Okay well, it turns out, Bell is no longer pushing firmware updates for this modem. The TSI agent told me that Bell pushed firmware updates a couple of months ago. He said my modem must have been online to receive it. Which is quite odd because my modem has been online during this time frame.

My router was essentially supplying the modem with the PPPoE settings, so I assume this must have been the problem.

TSI sent me a new Sagemcom modem as a replacement, but I am having the exact same issue and I have absolutely no idea what to do anymore.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

Sounds like a line issue. Can you post stats?

deekay0
join:2001-12-23
Toronto, ON

deekay0 to ijake

to ijake
said by ijake:

Okay well, it turns out, Bell is no longer pushing firmware updates for this modem. The TSI agent told me that Bell pushed firmware updates a couple of months ago. He said my modem must have been online to receive it. Which is quite odd because my modem has been online during this time frame.

My router was essentially supplying the modem with the PPPoE settings, so I assume this must have been the problem.

TSI sent me a new Sagemcom modem as a replacement, but I am having the exact same issue and I have absolutely no idea what to do anymore.

I'm in the exact same situation. My CellPipe didn't get upgraded since I wasn't authenticated PPPoE using my modem. I tried to get the update using the described procedure but it doesn't work. I still ended up keeping the CellPipe since it recovers faster from failure than the Sagemcom.

Whatever is causing this problem affects both the CellPipe and the Sagemcom. The Sagemcom exhibits the problem differently though it seems. »[Internet] Internet keeps droppping. Bell says no issues with li
Eug
join:2007-04-14
Canada

Eug to ijake

to ijake

One of each

said by ijake:

Well, that's interesting. If true, then I guess now I have one modem that is permanently 1.0.4.4R8, and one modem that is permanently 1.0.4.3EF-Stinger.

However, IIRC my Cellpipe that did get updated to 1.0.4.4R8 was only acting as a bridge when it got updated (last year). The PPPoE session was negotiated by my router, not the Cellpipe. Or maybe I am just not remembering correctly.
girafe0
join:2009-04-18
Montreal, QC

girafe0

WHAT!?

I'm on 1.0.4.2-STINGER

finally had the time to make it update (finally feed up with disconnects)
put my login in
nothing happens
now i'm stuck?