Mod King
Premium
join:2005-01-26
Plano, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

Steam's latest hardware survey 150; more than 2x Linux users

The combined total of all Linux distros is 2.02% – still a fledgling next to the other major operating systems, but one that’s growing quickly. December’s confirmed Linux userbase accounted for 0.8% of the Steam user pot, meaning in two months Steam Linux gamers have more than doubled.
»www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/04/steam···ecember/
--
Verizon FiOS subscriber since 2005 | Mac owner since 1990 | Fedora user since 2006 | CentOS user since 2007 | "Anyone who is unwilling to learn is entitled to absolutely nothing." - graysonf | EDIT: I seldom post without an edit.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
Thats nice to see more linux gamers, I'd be joining them if the amd drivers for my 7950 worked worth a crap on linux for gaming. Maybe some day, soon.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
If I could have gotten more games to work on Linux, I'd probably have stuck around with it on my personal computer. I spent quite a while to get most of the Blizzard games to work, but Mech Warrior Online wouldn't even come close to cooperating.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

rexbinary
Mod King
Premium
join:2005-01-26
Plano, TX
reply to rexbinary
I just dual boot. It would be nice to see enough of my games on Linux to where I could finally delete that pesky Windows partition.

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to rexbinary
Maybe because I'm weird & prefer Hidden Object games & Match 3 games, but haven't found one yet that WINE won't play, one of which wouldn't play at all on my Windows 7 side of my Dell Studio 1745 works great in Wine, go figure.
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to rexbinary
I'd love to see more games working on my Linux install as well. There's no reason why all the OS X Steam collection shouldn't be ported already.

Either way, it's good news to see it grow.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Santa Fe
Let me know if you can get Mech Warrior Online to work with WINE. I'd make a switch then.