spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Vee7
join:2013-03-04
Brooklyn, NY

Vee7

[connectivity] DSL Internet Light in Brooklyn, NYC is Getting Le

I live in North Brooklyn, NYC (Greenpoint). I've had Verizon DSL for years and over the last 6 months or so, it's been getting much less reliable. The Internet Light on my Westell modem is not on at all more and more - sporadic and sometimes for long stretches. Sometimes the Internet light turns red (not too often), but then it goes out (much more often) and I have to sit and just wait. The DSL and Data lights are always green and fine.

I called a few months ago and had the Verizon techies come to my house last in 2012 - they told me that I have a very high transmission rate and couldn't find any noise or anything. One of the guys said (in a "don't tell anyone I'm telling you this" way) that they are doing less and less copper line repairs and this type of problem was only going to get worse. Anyone else hear or know that to be true? Do I have any options here?? My options:

a) it's the result of less and less maintenance of Verizon's copper lines, so get used to this because it is not expected to get better.
>> you can continue to sit and wait until the Internet light comes back on and then try to work -- until it loses the connection again

b) a Verizon network issue that they actually can fix, but you need to contact some real tech support number (not their regular tech support line). The more complaint calls, the more likelihood something might get fixed
>> anyone know what phone number that might be?

c) make the switch to FIOS

d) make the switch to a wireless internet connection...anyone know if this is even an option from Verizon?

Appreciate any insights here...

Vee

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA

aefstoggaflm

Premium Member

Re: [connectivity] DSL Internet Light in Brooklyn, NYC is Gettin

#1 What is the exact model of the Westell modem?

#2 Do you have your own RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem?

Demonfang
join:2011-04-21
Spring Mills, PA

Demonfang to Vee7

to Vee7
bah, regular tech support is junk!

as a reply to b, i do know what phone number that is.

1-866-376-3216, and press 0.

you're welcome