share rss forum feed

ShetiPhian

join:2011-12-29
Belleville, ON

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Cogeco

@tristen1230:
Never though of it that way, I saw Cogeco and CRTC causing a $17 hike.
But it is actually only $10 more on new prices (or old dsl with dry loop)

@Cdnmoose:
DSL has had that for a while now,

Unlimited plan = always unlimited
All other plans get a unlimited usage time frame (2am-8am)

Cdnmoose

join:2010-08-24
Kingston, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Thanks for sorting me out and the quick reply Tristen and ShetiPhian!!!

tristen1230

join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Also for my last post on the 14 Mbps. I used 14 since cogeco does not have 20 in my area as probably the same with many others. 14 is the highest I could get with them. But 20 with Teksavvy is good if not GREAT.

ShetiPhian

join:2011-12-29
Belleville, ON
reply to TSI Marc

No point in changing your plan yet, or inquiring about it.

I've been working out an issue in the direct forums and asked about changing my speed while I was there.

Just to be clear, those are suggested prices, I don't know if they'll stay the same, go up or down. -TSI Martin

tristen1230

join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON

I won't until I have to since I love unlimited. But I still want to know a estimated date for when it will take place any new prices.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

said by tristen1230:

I won't until I have to since I love unlimited. But I still want to know a estimated date for when it will take place any new prices.

for new signups.. we'll try to get it all going as quickly as possible. for existing users that will take longer.. a month's notice at least.. (that's the law!) for rates that are going up.. and for rates going down.. we'll try to do those as quickly as possible too.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Hilroyy

join:2004-06-22

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

Wow what a jump in price, I signed up for the Cogeco Beta and am it's going live on Wednesday. My cable bill has just gone up $17 a month and I don't even have a connection yet.

You have to wonder if the CRTC will ever be in our corner.

--
To find the right answer one must know the right question.

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
reply to tristen1230

Teksavvy's site hasn't been updated yet?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

said by geokilla:

Teksavvy's site hasn't been updated yet?

Because these new rates are still just projections while TSI fields feedback and all that before they update the site pages. No doubt once they've made whatever fixes and all they'll definitely notice subscribers like they did last year, via emails, especially for current subscribers. 30 days before they go into effect or something like that to comply with the laws of the land.

pldube

join:2011-06-11
canada
reply to swe3tdave

said by swe3tdave:

Any news for cogeco in Quebec?

I got the same question ........

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by pldube:

said by swe3tdave:

Any news for cogeco in Quebec?

I got the same question ........

We're looking into it. Nothing yet.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Dones

join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Glad I don't live in Cogeco land.

Bruteman

join:2010-07-11
Ottawa, ON

I know Arnprior is serviced by them for TV but i cant find anywhere on this site if they service the internet to Arnprior.

kinda would be worth it as its $100 a month MLPPP for 10 down 1.2 up for the same money it would be a huge leap.

anyone know if Arnprior is serviced by their cable internet or a spot i can find a service area map?

evmoy15

join:2013-01-31
Federal Way, WA
reply to Gone

I do use comcast commercial, but if you ask me, the "commercial" service is what the consumer service should be. The support is no better and the SLA is pretty meh.

pldube

canada
reply to TSI Marc

Merci Marc. J'attend cette nouvelle pour convertir plusieurs personnes

bogs83

join:2012-12-31
reply to TSI Marc

Is there going to be a maximum overage fee like the one on rogers offerings with cogeco or there is no maximum?

technovert
Premium
join:2007-06-14
Canada
reply to TSI Marc

Are the Chatham cable rates affected?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to bogs83

said by bogs83:

Is there going to be a maximum overage fee like the one on rogers offerings with cogeco or there is no maximum?

there will be a max.. I haven't figure this part out just yet.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to technovert

said by technovert:

Are the Chatham cable rates affected?

yeah :\

right in my own backyard. sorry.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to pldube

said by pldube:

Merci Marc. J'attend cette nouvelle pour convertir plusieurs personnes

c'est beau.. on a commence le cheminement de papier mais ca prends du temps. j'sais pas encore quand exactement, mais je m'imagine pas plus que 2 ou 3 mois.

(wow, j'pense que ca c'est le plus que j'ai ecrit en francais depuis que j'ai termine mon universite at Ottawa. - le spell check englais a virez foux hehe)
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Defiant001

join:2011-08-23
Oakville, ON
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to TSI Marc

Hey Marc,

I currently have Cogeco (30 down/2up/175GB). Will the upload rate remain at 2Mbps or is it lowered for Teksavvy?

I called in today, it doesn't look like Teksavvy is available in my area yet, but I do look forward to it when it is

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

Whatever Cogeco's retail speeds are will be what Teksavvy sells.

petah

join:2002-07-27
L9T

said by Gone:

Whatever Cogeco's retail speeds are will be what Teksavvy sells.

In that case there is a 14mbps tier (at this time) from Cogeco but Teksavvy only has 6, 10, 20, etc.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

Turbo 14 is no longer available for new installs in areas that have been upgraded to D3. Turbo 20 replaced it. Anyone with a D2 modem that has Turbo 14 is grandfathered.

petah

join:2002-07-27
L9T

said by Gone:

Turbo 14 is no longer available for new installs in areas that have been upgraded to D3. Turbo 20 replaced it. Anyone with a D2 modem that has Turbo 14 is grandfathered.

Good to know!

KnockKnock

join:2010-12-06
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Will Teksavvy try to compete a little bit better with Starts rates for Cogeco? They are quite a bit cheaper for the higher speeds.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by KnockKnock:

Will Teksavvy try to compete a little bit better with Starts rates for Cogeco? They are quite a bit cheaper for the higher speeds.

If we change anything it will be when we go live with things late next week most likely.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

etcha506

join:2009-09-22

I currently have DSL 25 package and would like to switch to Teksavvy Cogeco plan as I am in Burlington when it comes available. Will there be any charges for switching services? I'm hoping just the modem purchase?

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:32

This will all depend if there are any activation fee's.

pldube

canada
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·TekSavvy Cable
·Videotron
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

c'est beau.. on a commence le cheminement de papier mais ca prends du temps. j'sais pas encore quand exactement, mais je m'imagine pas plus que 2 ou 3 mois.

(wow, j'pense que ca c'est le plus que j'ai ecrit en francais depuis que j'ai termine mon universite at Ottawa. - le spell check englais a virez foux hehe)

ahah ton français est bien mieux que mon anglais