join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Cogeco

said by Davesnothere:

said by TSI Marc:

Yeah, that's why I'm looking into a rent-to-own....

THAT's the way !

And of course only offer D3 modems.

D3 only for sure. We'll stop selling the D2's at month's end.

rent-to-own.. everybody is telling me not to do it... you get all sorts of ppl that get the modem and never pay.. never get the modem back... :\ thinking to only have the option for existing users. ofcourse the modem would end up costing more over all but.. even if it was only a 3-6 month thing.. that would help most deal with the initial hit.
KnockKnock
join:2010-12-06
Chatham, ON

KnockKnock to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere

Re: New ONTARIO Plans - Cogeco Network

said by Davesnothere See Profile

GRANDFATHERING
START supports it for customers already on all of their earlier discontinued plans, but of course if a customer chooses to switch to a newer plan, they cannot switch back.
TSI would only have existing Cogeco customers in Chatham, and I'm not sure what their plans are for THEM - Anybody know ?

I'm pretty sure Marc has said that they won't be grandfathering any plans, so I think that would include Chatham. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by KnockKnock:

said by Davesnothere See Profile

GRANDFATHERING
START supports it for customers already on all of their earlier discontinued plans, but of course if a customer chooses to switch to a newer plan, they cannot switch back.
TSI would only have existing Cogeco customers in Chatham, and I'm not sure what their plans are for THEM - Anybody know ?

I'm pretty sure Marc has said that they won't be grandfathering any plans, so I think that would include Chatham. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

that's right. the rates will go up.. I imagine most will switch to a different package.. and we will assume the nearest lowest cost option to migrate users too..
ShetiPhian
join:2011-12-29
Belleville, ON

ShetiPhian to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

ShetiPhian, glad you did this - Saved me some legwork.

I was following it all and figured others might like it in one place.
Thank you for expanding it.
said by Davesnothere:

ACTIVATION
TSI ? - Not sure - Anybody know ?

I looked at my invoice,
$44.95 Activation Fee
-$20.00 Activation Discount (for buying the modem)

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

2 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by ShetiPhian:

said by Davesnothere:

ACTIVATION
TSI ? - Not sure - Anybody know ?

I looked at my invoice,
$44.95 Activation Fee

Thanks for that, and I figured you to be following everything too.

So I should mention that in my post on Page 8 of current thread.

Also wondering whether TSI plans to waive/reduce the fee if a customer is doing a transfer from another [provider's] active [CABLE] account ? (even if that was not the situation in your specific case)

EDITED to be more clear in last above paragraph - see square bracketed additions.
ShetiPhian
join:2011-12-29
Belleville, ON

ShetiPhian

That I don't know, I changed form TSI DSL to TSI Cable.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to ShetiPhian

Premium Member

to ShetiPhian
said by ShetiPhian:

I looked at my invoice,
$44.95 Activation Fee

These are the current fees. New fee's have yet to be released.
said by Davesnothere:

Also wondering whether TSI plans to waive/reduce the fee if a customer is doing a transfer from another active account ? (even if that was not the situation in your specific case)

This is still uncertain.

neko
All Hail Canada
Premium Member
join:2006-08-11
Canada

neko to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Cogeco

I can't speak for anyone else, but that sounds like a really good optional choice that may be offered; depending on the individual customer/situation.

It's great you are thinking of such measures.
neko

neko to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Yeah, that's why I'm looking into a rent-to-own....

I can't speak for anyone else, but that sounds like a really good optional choice that may be offered; depending on the individual customer/situation.

It's great you are thinking of such measures.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

rent-to-own.. everybody is telling me not to do it... you get all sorts of ppl that get the modem and never pay.. never get the modem back... :\ thinking to only have the option for existing users.

It is a very difficult question.. Believe it or not I get people who need a rent to own option on my used modems, so it is for sure helpful to some customers. I have to believe your advice is right, it is a huge risk.. but then just renting the modem should be equally risky, objectively.

Something about rent to own screams extra problems to me, and I can't really think of why. To that end, maybe have some set buy out rules. Don't call it rent to own, just say you can buy out the modem after 1 year at half price, or whatever seems reasonable.

Keeping it only for customers with a good track record will definitely reduce the risk, but it will not capture the broad base of people who could make use of the scheme.
said by TSI Marc:

ofcourse the modem would end up costing more over all but.. even if it was only a 3-6 month thing.. that would help most deal with the initial hit.

Used modems are a great way to help people with the initial hit
sl1982
join:2013-03-10
Sarnia, ON

sl1982 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Any idea when this is going to be live for non beta testers? I am itching to get rid of the 5/1 dsl connection I have. Yes the prices arent the greatest but I lay the blame for that squarely on the CRTC.

Montreal DSL
join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL

Montreal DSL to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
So I see you adjusted these rates as well

petah
join:2002-07-27
L9T

petah to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
I like the new rates much better! Might even switch to the 10mbps with 150gb download!
Bugblndr
join:2010-03-02
Burlington, ON

Bugblndr to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Good job on reworking the rates Marc. I have both DSL and Cogeco through TSI and the initial rates would've had me cancelling one of them. Now I'll keep both, and keep both with TSI.
dustmaker
join:2011-03-14
L9T7C7

dustmaker to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Hey guys just curious... since those unlimited rates seem quite high... how do you guys plan on competing with Bell... They offer FTTH in my neighbourhood with speeds 50/50, 175/175, 10$ extra for unlimited downloads. If I get a package from bell that includes 3 services I will still be paying less than the teksavvy unlimited service.

Thats not good

Any thoughts/comments?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by dustmaker:

Hey guys just curious... since those unlimited rates seem quite high... how do you guys plan on competing with Bell... They offer FTTH in my neighbourhood with speeds 50/50, 175/175, 10$ extra for unlimited downloads. If I get a package from bell that includes 3 services I will still be paying less than the teksavvy unlimited service.

Thats not good

Any thoughts/comments?

I'm expecting that few will signup for those unlimited plans.
Enigma114
join:2013-03-08

Enigma114 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Just a quick question, in the first post of this thread it mentions unlimited usage during 2am-8am for plans with a usage cap but I see no mention of that on teksavvy.com

Just for peace of mind will that unlimited window still be offered?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by Enigma114:

Just a quick question, in the first post of this thread it mentions unlimited usage during 2am-8am for plans with a usage cap but I see no mention of that on teksavvy.com

Just for peace of mind will that unlimited window still be offered?

yes. we'll be cleaning all these things up soon.
mkay
join:2008-04-13
Kingston, ON

mkay to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
please support more docsis 3 modems. not even canada computers carries the dcm 476 anymore. which is the only modem it says you guys support in cogecoland.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Cogeco supports the DPC3008, as I have am using one at a location with Cogeco's retail Turbo 20. Are they now allowing the DPC3008 to be used with TPIA providers?