Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Garneac

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Cogeco

said by Garneac:

Or is it just for people who are in an area where Cogeco is, or...?

Only where cogeco is.

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast

join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON
kudos:4
reply to Garneac

These prices only apply to Cogeco serviceable areas.

Gami00

join:2010-03-11
Mississauga, ON
reply to Garneac

said by Garneac:

This is probably a very stupid question, but these new cable rates—would they apply to someone like me, who is in Brampton? Or is it just for people who are in an area where Cogeco is, or...?

They apply only if you live in a Cogeco Served Area..
These DO NOT apply to Rogers served areas.

Garneac

join:2011-05-01
Brampton, ON
reply to RizzleQ

Okay, cool. Thanks. =)
So the new rates for Rogers cable haven't been posted, then, right? (Then again, me being me, I could've have easily overlooked them.)

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON

Correct.

Garneac

join:2011-05-01
Brampton, ON

Awesome.
Thanks for the help, everyone.
I'll go back to lurking now.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to TSI Marc

Hmmm

30 mbps
150 Gigs - $64.95
300 Gigs - $69.95 --- $10 higher then what I pay Start.ca right now
Unlimited - $99.95

But the unlimited from 2am to 8am makes it kinda worth it.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

said by rogersmogers :

You can bet dollars to donuts that Start is going to be making their own price adjustment announcement in the very near future.

Bugblndr

join:2010-03-02
Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to rogersmogers

said by rogersmogers :

Hmmm

30 mbps
150 Gigs - $64.95
Unlimited - $99.95

But the unlimited from 2am to 8am makes it kinda worth it.

The key is right now, I'd expect their rates to change soon too. I'm waiting for everyone to put out all their rates before making changes (if any).

KnockKnock

join:2010-12-06
Chatham, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

Wow. I expected prices to go up, but this much? Tough pill to swallow. If I stayed with what I have now, it would be $20 more a month... a 40% increase in price.

Is there any way I can check what my normal usage is in a month? In order for this to be affordable for me, I'm probably going to have to go down to 150gb... and down grade my speed by 10mbps, which I just upgraded during the 'beta' last month.

And it'll cost me $5 to make those changes?

And was my purchase of a DOCSIS 3 modem for naught now? Wouldn't I have been able to get 20mbps fine on my DOCSIS 2 modem? Right now I'm feeling like I wasted a lot of money.

d4m1r

join:2011-08-25
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to TSI Marc

Indeed, this must have been difficult to post even Marc. Don't know how much interest you'll get in these plans versus people just going with Cogeco directly...

CRTC screwed up big time....

Do you plan to post the new Rogers rates this week Marc?
--
www.613websites.com Budget Canadian Web Design and Hosting

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

20 and 30 isn't too bad, but 60 is outrageous.

Optional

join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Oh man. Those look nasty....

I shutter to think what the 28/1 (Hopefully soon 35/3!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!) unlimited will be on rogers w/ teksavvy.. lol..ugh.

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast

join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON

It won't be quite as insane. Only Cogeco was the worst. Remember, start out with bad news and work your way up!

swe3tdave

join:2008-02-01
Sainte-Catherine-De-Hatley, QC
reply to TSI Marc

Any news for cogeco in Quebec?
--
David Giard

petah

join:2002-07-27
L9T
reply to TSI Marc

I sort of skimmed through this.

When does the new pricing come into effect?

Edit: Also.. is the download limit rolling 2 month avg? or month by month hard limit?

ruddypict

join:2010-03-24
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Hey Gang,

Here's what we're looking at for Cogeco territory in Ontario.

Hello,

Is this for Cogeco areas serviced by Teksavvy before? Or is this for the whole Cogeco Ontario footprint?

If this is for the whole Ontario footprint, which plans apply to areas still stuck with DOCSIS 2?

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to petah

said by petah:

I sort of skimmed through this.

When does the new pricing come into effect?

Edit: Also.. is the download limit rolling 2 month avg? or month by month hard limit?

Marc has indicated that it will still be a few weeks before the new rates will come into effect. He just wanted to get these out so that we can provide some feedback. This is always one of the best things about TSI. They post the rates before they are live and often make changes based on feedback.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to ruddypict

This would be for the entire footprint.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to creed3020

Wow, 60/2 is much higher than what I expected it to turn out. But I guess we all knew it was a sad day for IISPs when the CRTC made its decision a week ago.

The 20 and 30 packages aren't too bad. The 30 package is what Rogers will ding you in their territory for 35/3 unlimited. At least you get the benefit of knowing TSI will continue offering unlimited.

Will be interesting to see what Rogers territory will look like I'm not optimistic about seeing 35/3 unlimited under $70, considering Start is already hurting at its current prices.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

said by rogersmogers :

You can bet dollars to donuts that Start is going to be making their own price adjustment announcement in the very near future.

This week.

petah

join:2002-07-27
L9T
reply to TSI Marc

Marc, can you offer a 100gb option for the 6mbps Cable at $29.95? I am sure there are users out there (such as me) that could hit 75gb limit but not quite get to the 100gb.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to TSI Marc

the other thought that might make sense when CBB is so high like this is that whole idea of rate limiting at peak times... we may look at that but only if/when we can do it on an individual basis.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to petah

wait for the DSL rates to be out
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

the other thought that might make sense when CBB is so high like this is that whole idea of rate limiting at peak times... we may look at that but only if/when we can do it on an individual basis.

How fancy are you looking at getting? You could always rate limit a specific customer once they reach a certain limit as a way to reduce pricing on the unlimited packages.

You could get very creative if you had both the will and the money to do it, I suspect.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

yeah.. I dont know... I prefer to keep it all as simple as possible.. but when the truth is ugly... you tend to get creative
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

mt99808

join:2008-11-05
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Marc do you have any idea if Bell is ever going to upgrade their infrastructure in Chatham so we can get better than the 6 mbps option?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by mt99808:

Marc do you have any idea if Bell is ever going to upgrade their infrastructure in Chatham so we can get better than the 6 mbps option?

that's a great question. I dont know. it's pretty annoying.. especially now that cogeco can do 60meg and with this crtc decision. it's bitter sweet
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

said by TSI Marc:

that's a great question. I dont know. it's pretty annoying.. especially now that cogeco can do 60meg and with this crtc decision. it's bitter sweet

Ain't that the truth!

I would give anything to have access to even 16/1 DSL right now here in Fort Erie.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

maybe the trick is unlimited 6 meg dsl plus 20meg 150gig cable.. dual wireless routers.. switch between the two for simple surfing and for all the heavy stuff use the dsl to keep costs down.

I dunno. *shrug*
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy