TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to resa1983

Premium Member

to resa1983

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Cogeco

I tried making the 150gig prices as attractive as possible.
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord

said by TSI Marc:

I think you could improve significantly on those prices by only running the meter during prime/peak times, or not running the meter during the lowest traffic times (eg. 12 midnight to 12 noon, or whatever).

It doesn't cost you anything (other than UBB style profits) to allow unlimited transfers during off-peak times. By offering this, you might even get enough heavy users to shift their traffic patterns to off-peak, thereby saving you money on capacity costs.

Cheers

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by mlord:

said by TSI Marc:

I think you could improve significantly on those prices by only running the meter during prime/peak times, or not running the meter during the lowest traffic times (eg. 12 midnight to 12 noon, or whatever).

It doesn't cost you anything (other than UBB style profits) to allow unlimited transfers during off-peak times. By offering this, you might even get enough heavy users to shift their traffic patterns to off-peak, thereby saving you money on capacity costs.

Cheers

unlimited between 2am and 8am will be for all packages everywhere. If it turns out that many use it and that I'm able to lower rates.. I'll be happy to do that.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Wow your right about the 60meg/300gig cogeco is literally offering the same package for 17 dollars less thats Not right.. Cause i know you guys are not trying to make more than the incumbent.. wow. you must pay more than they charge a retail customer for it That should be good grounds for a r&v of cogeco rates no?
Even after bundle discounts they are still 7 cheaper.. thats wrong.
Bugblndr
join:2010-03-02
Burlington, ON

Bugblndr to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc See Profile
unlimited between 2am and 8am will be for all packages everywhere. If it turns out that many use it and that I'm able to lower rates.. I'll be happy to do that.

That makes it a lot easier to take. It would really be nice if you had lower bandwidth plans for the 20 and 30 speed tiers. Most of my usages can easily be after hours as it is on the DSL plans.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by Bugblndr:

said by TSI Marc See Profile

That makes it a lot easier to take. It would really be nice if you had lower bandwidth plans for the 20 and 30 speed tiers. Most of my usages can easily be after hours as it is on the DSL plans.

I looked at that but it made everything else that much uglier.
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

1 edit

mlord to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

unlimited between 2am and 8am will be for all packages everywhere.

That's a HUGE improvement! You might want to edit your post up top again and add html BOLD tags around that line.

But only 2am to 8am? Couldn't that be a bit wider, enough so people could fire up some time-shifted transfers before heading to work at 9am ?