skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

What SHOULD happen...

You pay the $35 and if it turns out you are right, whoever filed the DMCA request pays a $1000 penalty for the false accusation.

In the meantime, how is being accused of a crime not defamation?

If I go about telling someone that you are a child molester you certainly could sue me for the defamation.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo

Re: What SHOULD happen...

said by skeechan:

If I go about telling someone that you are a child molester you certainly could sue me for the defamation.

and that does not remove the stigma that people heard it from someone, even if im not guilty, people will still associate me with it, thus, my life is ruined, and you just have to pay a small defamation lawsuit. I think this system will get sued into the ground, if not thru the ISP(I did not agree to this), but someone will sue the CCI and MarkMonitor for snooping and possibly ask for an injunction. If I was on an ISP that was participating, that would be the first thing I would do if I got one. Sure, I cannot sue my ISP, but I can sue the CCI and Markmonitor, since I never made contracts with them.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

1 edit

skeechan

Premium Member

I'd take them to small claims for the $35 bucks plus some aggravation dough...make them send someone to avoid a default $10,000.00 judgement. Annoy the piss out of them while having the lawsuit splash across every nerd site on the Internetz. They love when an ISP gets sued.

Disrupt my service when I didn't do anything, and I'll spend the money necessary to give Cox a headache and I'll let everyone on the planet know about it. Local reporters are always on the lookout for a big guy vs little guy story.

And I have no arbitration agreement with the MAFIAA.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo

said by skeechan:

I'd take them to small claims for the $35 bucks plus some aggravation dough...make them send someone to avoid a default $10,000.00 judgement. Annoy the piss out of them while having the lawsuit splash across every nerd site on the Internetz. They love when an ISP gets sued.

Disrupt my service when I didn't do anything, and I'll spend the money necessary to give Cox a headache and I'll let everyone on the planet know about it. Local reporters are always on the lookout for a big guy vs little guy story.

And I have no arbitration agreement with the MAFIAA.

I think 10000 small claims court cases would be much more troublesome than a single class action suit.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Thing is getting 10000 innocent people and then get them to go to small claims when they have to get to work and do other stuff. That is what the MAFIAA counts on. Accuse everyone, extort from everyone and you get a certain percentage to get scared and pay them the extortion money.