Impanon

Anon

[MO] Columbia Missouri net down?

It is for me again.

Umps on
@mycingular.net

Umps on

Anon

Well service phone tech told me it was on my end. Despite me telling her whole neighborhoods wireless was out. Tech apt for thirsday. Lame.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

If either of you are still having issues, please send me an IM with your account or phone number and I will be happy to look into it.

Impanon
@mycingular.net

Impanon

Anon

You have my info it's me implode. Using this handle since log in info is stored on my desktop not phone.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Not seeing any service issues in the area at this time.

impanon
@mchsi.com

impanon to Impanon

Anon

to Impanon
reallly hoping this does not take until thursday to fix

help me chad!
--implode

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Upstream CER and SNR are both out of range. Do you have any splitters connected?

impanon
@mchsi.com

impanon

Anon

Its split at the box to downstairs, upstairs, and internet...not sure if that is helpful. Could recent heavy snowfall, and melt be to blame? We had 20"+ this last week.

I'm crestfallen to think this could take so long to fix.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

It definitely can cause it. I recommend keeping the trouble call so the tech can verify the issue.

impanon
@mchsi.com

impanon

Anon

Maybe splurge will hook a brother up and help me out early :P Hate stealing internet from unsecured wifi network. Hope its not a honeyhole situation used for ID theft.

Impanon
@mycingular.net

Impanon to Impanon

Anon

to Impanon
Is it possible to stop by office for 15 foot piece of cable to try for quick fix?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You should be able to pick up a piece of cable at the local office.
implode
join:2009-09-06
Columbia, MO

implode to Impanon

to Impanon
Guy said I had inadvertently I shut down a port on my computer...and my router was dead. Getting a new router would fix the issue. Went to Best Buy, bought a brand new router. Tried installing the router. The second router has the same exact problems.

I'm wondering why my modem isn't working with the router anymore??? Pretty sure the problem lies somewhere within the modem?!

On the plus side we get internet directly to the computer...but anytime we introduce a router it stops working entirely. HELP!!!
Spurge
Premium Member
join:2002-01-04
Columbia, MO

Spurge

Premium Member

did you power cycle the modem after installing the new router? Any time the first device behind the modem gets changed the modem need to be rebooted.
implode
Columbia, MO

implode

That didn't work...and in fact I lost my connection to nromal internet in the process. I had to cycle the power/reconnect the network cable a good half dozen times to get normal interet connection to even come back. VERY frustrating.
implode

implode to Impanon

to Impanon
ok got this straightened out now...apparently routers were asking for IP info from the modem. The modem was unable to supply the data. Sorry to paraphrase, but my brother did most of this over the phone with his friend. So what I'm explaining is all second hand. Basically our old router appears to be working ok for the moment. Time to see if best buy takes mercy on our soul and allows a return or exchange.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Good to hear!

Let me know here if the issue returns!
implode
Columbia, MO

implode

I was curious if its possible to get a new modem, since this one appears to be failing. Preferably a new modem, and not one of the 'used' variety.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

1 edit

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I am showing that you do not have one of our wireless modems, therefore you can either exchange it at the local office, or I can schedule for a tech to bring another out. Although, I am not able to guarantee that you will get a new one, as most of our modems are refurbished. The only way you can guarantee that you will have a new modem is by purchasing your own and I can provision it to your account here.

Fixitfelix
@spcsdns.net

Fixitfelix to Impanon

Anon

to Impanon
Why is my Internet down in Columbia today? It is so hard to find info on the service being down. I have homework that needs to be worked on. I'm quickly finding out why so many hate mediacom! Been down for 3 hours or so now. Better get fixed soon or I will be calling for a reimbursement.

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970

you wont get one, that's something that does not happen