yeah its a lappy... will build a new rig in about a year or so

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

When you do, check in with Krisnatharok. He can help you find the best performance for your budget.

RavenX11R6
join:2013-03-02
Mechanicsburg, PA

RavenX11R6

my next mech... spider? cicada? or another dragon?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

You have a 3L and a Streakmando, right? I'd get a spider.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to RavenX11R6

Premium Member

to RavenX11R6
Go for a spider. I just got one as well.

We can do a spider swarm like that!

Gevurah
join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

I'll just take it that you're all inspired by my miraculous spider piloting GET OUTTA MY MECH BROS IT'S MINE YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT NUH-UH MINE

MOMMMMMM

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I don't know what to do next, I have on my mechlab:

Hunchback 4SP (All elite)
Hunchback 4G (All basic)
Raven 3L (All basic)
Awesome 8R (All Basic)
Catapult K2 (No Basic, Need a build)

I would like to try a different chasis but not sure.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I think the hunchbacks are ok, but I like mechs that are "in the spotlight". I would recommend a streakmando. 1ML 3Streaks and ECM.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
Only part of it.

Like I said, I was always a fan of speed and light mechs... plus I wanted to play around with the ECM and I am not a fan of the Raven right now. I got this OCD about wanting to use what's least popular.... so Spider it is for me.

Plus that backward movement speed is just nuts. I just wish they would add extra shortcut keys that the old Mech games had.
1/4 speed, 1/2 speed, 3/4 speed, Max speed and reverse engine buttons are a must for me.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus
»www.ign.com/articles/201 ··· ero-mech patch info for tomorrow guys

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I guess I will get my first hero mech on that Cicada.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

and training grounds a full month early it seems

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
This new cicada could be pretty potent, like the Raven, but without the ECM. With 4 lasers and 2 missile hard points, you could lay out 2 streaks, 4 medium lasers, high speed, and lay out a world of hurt. Even without ECM, this looks like a good mech.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Should be pretty solid. High speed, VERY good torso twist (125 deg each dir w/out tweaks/basic/etc)?!, reasonable payload, good armor.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

It can be a mean hitter at that speed for sure... but I really hate that chassis. Way too easy to render it useless, I find.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

I've seen some nasty cicadas. Barring the absolutely trashy trial mech, that is.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

It can be a mean hitter at that speed for sure... but I really hate that chassis. Way too easy to render it useless, I find.

I think most people only play the trial cicada. You see very few legit cicadas out there. Get one thats armored up and you'll see that those things are actually a bit tough to take down, especially one that can hit back (hard) and move around like a mad man.

Too bad it doesn't have ECM. If it did, it would replace the Raven 3L entirely.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
I didn't pay attention if the cicadas I was hitting were trial or not... but I find their legs so easy to hit, and they would fall off way too quick.
ekster

ekster to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I guess I'll give the Cicada a try once I'm done decking out the Spider. Their speed is still good, so I'll see how they actually feel in combat (when it's not a trial one.)

Edit: Plus I still need to try that fast mech with an AC20 thing. The Cicada should work better for that than a Raven, anyway.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus
3m variant does, but it's ballistic and energy hardpoints. Only good variants I've seen are 4xMPL, 4XML, and 4xSL/1xLBXAC10

RavenX11R6
Mechanicsburg, PA

RavenX11R6 to ekster

to ekster
they're good as sniper and recon mechs but they're tough to pilot through anything else

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to ekster

to ekster
»mwomercs.com/forums/topi ··· y1995414 more info on what's up in MWO this month

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

"New User Controls and Joystick Improvements

Players will now have more options with regards to how they pilot their BattleMechs. Several new control systems and improvement have been added including Throttle Decay (gas pedal vs set throttle), Arm Lock to torso, Set Point Throttle (10-100% throttle values in 10% increments), Face Torso, and Joystick Analog turning. Player will also be able to customize their key bindings via the Pause Menu during matches."

I am going to be very happy when that patch hits. All that's missing is a reverse throttle and then I can have some real fun.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Dude. That's great but just wait. We're FINALLY GETTING CONSUMABLES! WOO! GXP WASTING TIME.... airstrikes? HELLLL yeah.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Consumables will use CBills though! So I'll avoid it mostly... I first need to get all my Jenners mastered, and that'll cost too many Cbills as is.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

I'm sitting on 25m Cbills. Gonna use those to feel more commander-y by dropping artillery on enemy soldiers.
Gevurah

Gevurah to ekster

to ekster
dupe post X_X

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
lol... I am sitting at about 700 CBills right now

I'm also very happy for the training grounds. I've been meaning to rebind my controls to be able to completely control the whole mech with my mouse only, but I didn't want to screw around during matches on getting used to that.

Now I'll finally be able to pull it off.

RavenX11R6
Mechanicsburg, PA

RavenX11R6

buy a death Knell it's like a 4ml Jenner only as a commando and play it for a weekend you'll have lots o cbills in no time