how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cme032

@optonline.net

[FireFox] cannot delete cookies after update to 19.0

no extentions or add-ons beside the latest flash. am on ubuntu

I am using 19.0....i browse in never remember history and tell websites i do not want be tracked.

why you ask? because of the security issues around the net...xsrf...css...cookie session interceptions...etc...

Today checking my email for the status of the game i ordered....i didn't click any linked, opened the email and then went to preferences and privacy and i clicked clear all current history....because of the exploit of some sites capable of reading your current session cookies

then i was reading the news found nothing of interst...checked the weather....then i said hey let me check my spam....i went back to my email, typed in the url and was just logged in automatically...

INSTANTLY I SAID "WHAT THE F?" I just cleared the data.....

i tried to notice if it would happened again...yep. closed the process...occured again. restarted the pc...again....

then i said wait let me click "sign out" this time.....

then the email page displayed asking for a username and pass.....

so i said wtf because clicking clear all history with cookies, active session, everything checked, i don't store data offline...and then compared to clicking sign out is the same thing...

this never happened to me....but if i simply clicked sign out and went back i was not auto logged in....MY MIND ...

i followed the info at »forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic···=2664977

i restart the pc and follow
the issue occured in the same sequence....after logging into anything that required a username and pass...i would clear all data....exit firefox...

now i click to reinitialize firefox i wanted to detect if this was a glitch or a security issue....so i go to the email site and i was auto logged in...

I was surprised.....

I decided okay allow me to manually click "Sign out" on the emails site....went to a different site...went back to the email site to try and encounter if the same event would happen...it did not...Wtf...okay so now i cleared the data in preferences privacy menu....surfed some sites...went back to email and again....my brain,,,a cerebral aneurysm was about to occur......i started to breathe and try and solve this.

i then exited firefox, replicated the same issue....only can clear the cookie with a sign out ..tried multiple times...no error mentioned another instance of firefox running.

so i restarted the pc...same error occured basically...i had to manually sign out if i wanted to clear the cookies of the sites i logged into...if the cookie/cookies were stored in memory in never remember history mode/private browsing....and are erased upon exiting firefox.....why did the cookies remain in memory?

is this some sort of puzzle?

so i started to play the rubix cube...this time i approached the glitch differently...i did not clear the data or sign out. - i Restarted the pc and initilized firefox and went to the email site and the cookies were depleted...

then just to understand if it was a process load error such as "another instance of firefox is running" exit before opening.... - it still occured.

So basically...in system monitor...there are reports where firefox status is sleeping or running....it varies...

a memory issue? after using memtest...the issue no longer occured...when i exited firefox and opened it and went to the email it displayed a login...

so uhmm?

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Ongoing »firefox secure?