uniqs

K3
join:2008-05-06
Kankakee, IL

1 edit

K3 to mrschultz02

to mrschultz02

Re: [Speed] Speed increase.

I am wondering if there is anything else I might need to do to see the full increase to 105/20. I was on the extreme 50, speed tests never go faster than 89Mb/s on the download side of it after the speed increase. When I do a long file transfer for upload it never goes faster than 1MB/s even though xfinity speed tests are showing me 22Mb/s for the upload. The server I am uploading to is very capable of handling 20Mb/s upload speed too. I have an Arris tm722g docsis 3 modem with a Linksys EA2700 dual band router connected to it. I do have a gigabit network card in my computer too and I checked to make sure the speed on the network card was set to 1Gbs and it is. Could it have anything to do with my ethernet cable being a few years old? I am going to connect my computer directly to the modem to rule out the router as the culprit. Info would be appreciated, thanks!

Edit: Ok so I hooked it up straight to the modem and my speeds are way faster, what they are supposed to be. So any idea why Linksys ea2700 N600 dual band router wouldn't be able to give me the 105/20 speeds?

SHoTTa35
@kfvaluation.com

SHoTTa35

Anon

It doesn't have the CPU power to route data that fast? Having 1GB LAN ports are used for switching but going from WAN to LAN is done in software (called Routing - why they are called routers :P) For this to happen fast you need a fast CPU (generally over 400Mhz in the router since it's all done in the software.

HOWEVER - »www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/vi ··· t=153481

I just checked that from Fractal and it seems it does have a fast CPU and should be able to pump out high routing performance.

Check the WAN port maybe, maybe the link from the modem to the router is only connecting at 100Mbps which limits you to sub speeds?