Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

clarknova

join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB
kudos:7
reply to gord27

Re: [DSL] 2 x 25mbit mlppp still possible?

Yes. I'm running 8 6/1 lines this way.
--
db

gord27

join:2005-05-01
Mississauga, ON
reply to gord27
Anyone know if Teksavvy currently supports this on the 25mbit connections? Also, is it still $4 extra?

TSI Danielle
Premium
join:2012-05-31
kudos:11
Yes, we do support it on the 25m connections. And the $4 charge for the mlppp is correct as well.

jacobhuh

join:2012-10-15
Calgary, AB
reply to gord27
2 x 25mbps MLPPP is definitely possible!

I have a setup here in AB with Teksavvy 2x25mbps bonded MLPPP by pfSense Box 2.1-BETA1 (built as of today Apr. 17th, 2013 - so fresh packages aren't even complied).

I've set the MTU to 1480 as per Danelle's recommendation, but I get a bit of packet loss 2-5%, and youtube buffering is terrible.

Anyone have the same problems as me?

PS. I was on a Teksavvy supplied Mikrotik RB 750GL (which they had programmed) and according to the logs, I get continuous dropped packets, but did not have a significant impact in noticable use, well other then my family complaining about youtube buffering delays.

Jacob

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to gord27
The packetloss (if from pings) could be due to bugs in the MLPPP implementation. IIRC there were such issues with OpenWRT before Erik fixed something in the kernel?
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

s0dhi

join:2011-08-02
Brampton, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit
reply to gord27
said by gord27:

said by clarknova:

pfsense does MLPPP since the early 2.0 betas. Netgate ships their m1n1walls with 2.0.2, so it's in there. I use it myself.

»doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Multi-···P/MLPPP)

Awesome. Are you using it on Teksavvy?

I have a "RED" one sitting on my desk in case if you're interested in it. Already configured with pfsense. (I moved on to an Atom D525 box).

EDIT: I'm not using MLPPP, for the record. Also pfsense 2.0.3 is out now.

etech

join:2011-02-14
reply to gord27

can this be done with a PC as a gateway/router and 2 Internet services. One being Cable and the other FTTN ? Is it possible with FTTN ?

BTC Kevin

join:2011-10-01
Nepean, ON
kudos:1
reply to clarknova
said by clarknova:

pfsense is a capable option. I've run 8*6/1 on a 500MHz net5501-70. You could do 2*25/10 on the same, or any Atom or Brazos machine.

I'm currently toying with Ubiquiti's EdgeRouter Lite, which is capable in theory, but no GUI support yet. Would be a fantastic piece of hardware for the job if it will work.

This provides GUI support.

»www.ubnt.com/download#app

airControl

airControl is a powerful and intuitive web based server network management application which allows operators to centrally manage entire networks of Ubiquti devices.

airControl beta
airControl User Guide
airControl Release Notes