spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Beanie
@virginmedia.com

Beanie

Anon

3CRWE454G72

have a 3COM OfficeConnect Wireless 11g Access Point (model 3CRWE454G72) and would like to use it to extend my Wireless connection at home.

My Setup: Virgin Media SuperHub in Modem Mode plugs into D-LINK DIR-500 Wireless Router. The D-Link router works fine for wireless.

I have tried plugging the 3COM AP (access point) into a normal ethernet socket on the D-Link Router but I cant see it on the DHCP list on the Router Page, I can see its SSID on wireless but have no idea what the password is.

The instructions in the manual say I need to use the 3COM Auto Descover CD (which I dont have), but the instructions also say the Admin IP address is 192.168.1.1 which is the same IP as the Router, I changed the Router ip to 192.168.1.2 and still cant connect to the 3COM AP on 192.168.1.1

Im totaly lost as how to set this thing up! I actually have 2 of these 3COM AP's but they both do the same, so im guessing there not broke, just im missing something!

I just want to extend my wireless connection so I can get wifi in every room in my house.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated!

Thanks, David
rjs1003
join:2002-12-04
united kingd

rjs1003

You can find the manual for this device at

»www.audiodesignguide.com ··· ev01.pdf

You will see that it contains instructions for how to reset the password + settings back to default (page 66) and how to access the unit - hopefully this will be enough to get you going!

Bob