share rss forum feed

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2

OMFG! Epic Snow Doomage Forecast!

CWG's current projection for Wednesday's storm.

Everyone, begin freaking out...now!

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
Dc you better go into Hibernation before the storm hits.

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC
Nah. I would miss all the dumbasses on tv the reporters find who've run into trouble on the road or find stores mobbed and stripped clean of what they went for. I think it's such a hoot how folks come completely unhinged and totally freak when there's even the mention of snow...and especially when there's any kind of accumulation. I'm misanthropic like that.
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to DC DSL
Oh yeah! But business as usual tomorrow.

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-27
Springfield, VA
reply to DC DSL
I'm looking forward to some time off when the college closes. We just want it to be bad enough that they don't drag our asses in there and then decide to send us home early.

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

But business as usual tomorrow.

Maybe not. Some folks further north and west have already said they are out tomorrow until Thursday "at the earliest." I got the usual "in case I can't make it in Wednesday or Thursday" emails from the folks who live a block or 2 from the Red Line in the District south of Van Ness, with their offices within a couple of blocks of a subway stop downtown. I can almost set my watch by them. The afternoon Wapo update arrives, within 10 minutes, their emails go out.
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC
reply to grobinette
said by grobinette:

We just want it to be bad enough that they don't drag our asses in there and then decide to send us home early.

Yeah, it totally sucks to schlep in though snow only to turn around. That's valuable time you could have used for sleeping or otherwise relaxing.

In the second of the '96 blizzards, I didn't have all that much trouble making it down to client I was working at a few blocks away on M Street. Got there at my usual 7:30AM and got to work. The building management announced at 9:30 that they were closing the building immediately due to weather conditions and that everyone had to depart promptly. Most of the folks who made it in from the burbs were apoplectic, and with good reason. I just trudged home through a couple more inches on the ground than when I came in. Poor Tim, on the other hand, didn't fare so well. He works up in Rockville and went in despite my admonitions that he should stay home. Got in at his usual 7AM. He wound up being stranded there all weekend. Fortunately, he humored my Eagle Scout insistence that he take an overnight bag and some food and snacks with him in case he was stuck. He still makes fun of me for always being prepared.
--

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
Springfield, VA
Try leaving a campus with 15,000 students exiting at the same time - most of which are finding out that it is even harder to drive in the snow while you are texting or yapping on your cell phone.

I do have to admit, that they have gotten better at making the call and tend to err more on the side of caution. If they close they announce it by 5:30 or 6:00 AM. If they close at mid day when the morning students are trying to leave and the afternoon students are coming in it is a total cluster fuck.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to DC DSL
It's not even supposed to turn to snow until Wednesday in the early AM hours....

madrhino

join:2004-07-03
reply to DC DSL
Too bad Doug Hill doesn't play for the Nats.We could use another .300 hitter.
--
Get Verizon FIOS,The Anti-DIOS

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-24
here
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DC DSL
This winter has been very disappointing snow -wise. I hope we finally get something decent in what is probably our last chance this season!
It seems like the various forecasters can't make up their minds at this point. Each one is predicting different snow totals.

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC
At this point, I will be happy with any accumulation over 5" here in Dupont. It'll be a total mess by Thursday, but one day of a pretty snow field will be nice to look at.
--

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
here
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by DC DSL:

At this point, I will be happy with any accumulation over 5" here in Dupont. It'll be a total mess by Thursday, but one day of a pretty snow field will be nice to look at.

Same here, DC DSL!

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
here
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DC DSL

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
here
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DC DSL

"The National Weather Service has downgraded its winter storm watch to a winter weather advisory for Anne Arundel County. The advisory calls for snow accumulations from 2 to 4 inches between midnight tonight and Thursday morning."

»www.capitalgazette.com/news/loca···573.html

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD
kudos:11
Aaaauuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

must get brewskis
for yellow snow warnings
--
Was a Cruise Fanatic, one cruise on Princess cured me. Bleah

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
Springfield, VA
reply to DC DSL
It's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madylarian
The curmudgeonly
Premium
join:2002-01-03
Parkville, MD
reply to DC DSL
We're in trouble......Jim Cantore is in DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mady
--
Honi soit qui mal y pense

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Welll, snow day!

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
Springfield, VA
reply to madylarian
said by madylarian:

We're in trouble......Jim Cantore is in DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Cantore is here we are doomed.

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD
kudos:11

1 recommendation

Noooooo it is 6:30 AM and there is 1/8" on my windshield.... should have gotten more eggs!!!!!!!
--
Was a Cruise Fanatic, one cruise on Princess cured me. Bleah

RockCake
Premium
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA
reply to DC DSL
We only got about 3" so far, but it's still coming down...

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
here
I'm sooo jelly. Just rain here so far.
Perhaps those who are actually getting snow can post pictures to share with the snowless?

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
here
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
reply to DC DSL
Click for full size
Yet another flip-flop in the forecast:

"Snowfall predictions, which had shown Anne Arundel split into three bands of accumulation ranging from 1 to 2 inches to 4 to 6 inches, changed at the 11 p.m. hour to indicate two bands with noticeably more snow.

All the county is under a 6 to 10 inch total snowfall area with most of the county in the 8 to 10 inch range"

»www.capitalgazette.com/news/loca···573.html

Another map:
»www.capitalgazette.com/news/big_···ce8.html

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC
reply to somebodeez
We've been getting heavy snowfall here...but no accumulation.

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
here
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by DC DSL:

We've been getting heavy snowfall here...but no accumulation.

I love watching snow come down
Still just rain here.

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC
reply to DC DSL
The Bear is most displeased. Not that I'm all that surprised, mind you...

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
Springfield, VA
I think you will be a happy bear before the day is over. The temps are dropping and I think the snow is going to prevail.

Anyway, this should remind you of happier times

vimeo.com/9316949

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
here
reply to DC DSL
All the damn hype.
Still nothing but rain here. Wind picked up though.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand
said by somebodeez:

All the damn hype.
Still nothing but rain here.

. . . I just found my snow shovel and it's broke . . .

--
March is National Noodle Month