spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WebCobbler

@verizon.net

New Center Ice HD channels.

I have just read via the VZ Messages on the STB that as of March 5, we are getting 4 new HD Channels in that package on ch 1466-69.

My question is: Are these MPEG4 HD channels? Is there a way to confirm this? I know ch 1470-74 are MPEG4, that's why I ask about these new HD channels. As well as ch 1451-54.

I would appreciate any legit responses.

Thank You.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:15

1 edit

Yes, they will be MPEG4 - thus the need for a new STB if you have older Moto 6000-series boxes...

WebCobbler

@verizon.net

Thank You nycdave.

I have long had 7xxx boxes myself , but it's good to know that they are adding MPEG 4 channels.

I hope now, that these new channels will be included in the Free Previews we get every now and again.

For example: I would like to have these channels enabled for the MLB free preview April 1st. So the preview will have 9 MPEG 4 HD channels.

We just have to wait and see.

nfotiu

join:2009-01-25
reply to WebCobbler

Awesome, I've been whining for these for a while. No more snarky comments from me to all those who can't live without TV Guide channel in HD! (Ok, one last one!)

coolguy23

join:2008-09-10
Rowlett, TX
reply to WebCobbler

what about the 4 remaining NBA League Pass Channels? It's great that they added the NHL channels...but shouldn't adding the league pass channels have been more of priority since the NBA is more popular than the NHL?

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

said by coolguy23:

what about the 4 remaining NBA League Pass Channels? It's great that they added the NHL channels...but shouldn't adding the league pass channels have been more of priority since the NBA is more popular than the NHL?

I thought they gave all the NHL's previous HD's to the NBA during the lockout?

skottey_

join:2009-07-06
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to WebCobbler

This is good to hear. Last season I signed up for Center Ice and quickly called and dropped it for a refund (even with their no refund policy) since they only had two HD feeds and certainly didn't advertise it that way. My old DirecTV had just about all of them in HD and I assumed Verizon did too. I instead subscribed to Gamecenter Live through the NHL website with access to all non-market teams via PS3 (now available on Xbox 360 too), Android tablet, Android phone, computer, etc. It is a nice alternative with HD feeds (compressed of course but better than SD).

bsangs

join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ
kudos:1
reply to WebCobbler

Hmm, does this mean those extra channels will be used for MLB Extra Innings as well? Might have to re-think my decision to get MLB.TV instead of EI if so.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:15

Yes.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to WebCobbler

One thing to recognize is that Verizon has still yet to move a non-special package channel to MPEG-4....

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-24
here
reply to WebCobbler

Yay more sports

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
reply to Greg2600

said by Greg2600:

One thing to recognize is that Verizon has still yet to move a non-special package channel to MPEG-4....

I thought the .TV's were MPEG-4, no? I don't remember. I thought they did something with them. Or maybe they just crammed them together.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to WebCobbler

They crammed them onto one QAM or two or something like that. To my knowledge, no standard HD cable channel is sent in MPEG-4, just the sports packages and maybe PPV. I think they may have moved Spanish package only HD's as well.

robertf390

join:2011-04-16
Nesconset, NY
reply to WebCobbler

I think the obvious question for us here in VHO-5 (and VHO-7) is how many months are we going to have to wait for these to be added for us given the fact we still haven't gotten TVGuide HD, which as previously stated in other posts was added in December for all others.

I think any potential MLB subscribers in our VHO's need to have this answered before they jump in - buyer beware!

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2
reply to Greg2600

said by Greg2600:

Well not yet, but it is coming. See »[HD] STB Exchange if you haven't already had a chance.

bsangs

Montclair, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to robertf390

said by robertf390:

I think the obvious question for us here in VHO-5 (and VHO-7) is how many months are we going to have to wait for these to be added for us given the fact we still haven't gotten TVGuide HD, which as previously stated in other posts was added in December for all others.

I think any potential MLB subscribers in our VHO's need to have this answered before they jump in - buyer beware!

That's why God made free, week-long previews.

nfotiu

reply to robertf390

Anyone know which VHOs have these? I live in Richmond, haven't got this message, nor do I see the new channels.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to PJL

said by PJL:

Well not yet, but it is coming. See »[HD] STB Exchange if you haven't already had a chance.

I know, but I'll also believe it when I see it.

celticpride

@verizon.net

verizon better have ALL THE NBA GAMES IN HD on the NBA LEAGUE PASS WITH DUAL FEEDS next year or i'm switching back to directv. but i do give verizon credit for having 80% of the nba games in HD this year!

bsangs

Montclair, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to nfotiu

said by nfotiu:

Anyone know which VHOs have these? I live in Richmond, haven't got this message, nor do I see the new channels.

Not sure, but we have the message - and corresponding channels - in VHO7.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2
reply to Greg2600

said by Greg2600:

Well the fact that Verizon is actually upgrading STBs for free if you have Extreme or Ultimate is a good sign the MPEG4 and more HD is near.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ

said by PJL:

said by Greg2600:

Well the fact that Verizon is actually upgrading STBs for free if you have Extreme or Ultimate is a good sign the MPEG4 and more HD is near.

Ah ha, I missed that.

WebCobbler

@verizon.net
reply to nycdave

I have noticed that now these new channels are in the guide , my " favorites" on channels 1470-74 are now magically gone ( with the exception of 1470 ).

Also those " favorite" channels have migrated to 1466-69 MPEG 4 HD channels.

So my favorites are 1466-1470 ... Overnight.

There is also no channel icon for ch 1471-74. This might explain the migrating favorites. Idk.

I Also can not bookmark to favorites 1471-74. Maybe bc there is no ch icon, as well.

Anyway, I hope this is resolved soon.

Any updates would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

Probably because they are relocating the existing channels to the new spots so they are in order 1-9

FIOS_MD

@nih.gov

I live in Silver Spring, MD, I don't have the latest NHL HD channels as of yet....

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to coolguy23

MLB uses the same channels as NHL

robertf390

join:2011-04-16
Nesconset, NY

I live in LI, NY (VHO-5) and I still don't have the new HD channels as yet either (nor did I get the message notifying they were coming).

While I usually subscribe to the MLB package, I have decided to wait this year for the free-preview to see if we actually get them here before the season starts noting the issues with us getting TVGuide HD. I am hoping, unlike some of the previous years that they provide all the HD channels in the free previews - otherwise I'll opt for the MLB online service.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
reply to WebCobbler

These channels are up today in VHO5

nfotiu

reply to WebCobbler

Any more word on the rollout of these? Would be nice to have them in Richmond before the season is over.

FIOS_MD

@nih.gov
reply to FIOS_MD

The additional HD channels (1466-1469) are now in the guide this morning in Maryland.