join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to Shook

Premium Member

to Shook

Re: [E-mail] Can't send email when logged into Comcast website.

said by Shook:

I know that since Comcast blocked Port 25 a lot of people have been having trouble with the new ports, especially sending email.
Comcast just finally blocked me last week. I can receive but cannot send email using my windows email program. It is set up with password to send on Port 587 and to receive on Port 110 because I couldn't get the encryped ports (465 and 995) to work. Neither of the ports I'm using are encrypted. I can receive email on 110, but I just discovered that even when I'm logged onto the comcast.net website, I can't send email using comcast's emailer, so it seems fairly clear that the problem with sending email isn't between my email program and connection to my comcast account, but with the comcast facility itself to send email.

Support is absolutely no help at all, and I've been hours talking to a half dozen different reps.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

You appear to be talking about two different things; using a standalone email client and using the Comcast/Xfinity web site. My interpretation of your post is that you only have trouble sending email from the Comcast/Xfinity web site.

Based on that interpretation, have you tried sending email from »xfinityconnect.mail.comcast.net/ instead of from »www.comcast.net/ ? I have not been able to access email from the »www.comcast.net/ site for a very long time, but I have no problems when using »xfinityconnect.mail.comcast.net/ . If you try the »xfinityconnect.mail.comcast.net/ url, you may need to access it twice (once to login, and once to actually access your email, depending on how your browser is configured).
Shook
join:2013-03-04
Pittsburgh, PA

Shook

Of course I log in at Xfinity. No other option. You're even cuter than the other yuk-yuk.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 recommendation

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Shook:

Of course I log in at Xfinity. No other option. You're even cuter than the other yuk-yuk.

FWIW, some people do indeed have problems when accessing email from the ComcastXfinity portal page (in my case, I can see the preview popup, but can not actually access email from that site):

OTOH, sometimes even when the ComcastXfinity portal page email link doesn't work properly, the XfinityConnect site does work (which is the reason I posted both urls...).

This is the point where I would usually encourage a poster with a problem to post some details of exactly how their email software is configured so that I might be able to help. However, in your case I won't bother; and with an attitude like yours, I would not be surprised if others also ignored your posts.
Shook
join:2013-03-04
Pittsburgh, PA

Shook

I'm sorry, but how my software is configured gets me into Comcast for sending, as I've already stated. I can't email out of Comcast from the website emailer. How does my email configuration figure into that problem? It doesn't. Hello.

Say the magic woyd and win $50. Pfft.