TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26
reply to Beavis88

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Shaw

said by Beavis88 :

How soon will cable be rolled out in Edmonton/Sherwood Park?

a month~ish probably
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Beavis88

@wiband.net

Excellent... I will perhaps wait for that rather than the DSL then...

And that install should be even easier and no question about my phone drop which might be bad..

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4
reply to TSI Marc

Then how does Shaw use that on biz class?

jcore

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

said by Beavis88 :

How soon will cable be rolled out in Edmonton/Sherwood Park?

a month~ish probably

Does this mean cable in Calgary as well?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

yep. soon

sedin266

@telus.net

definitely interested in cable in victoria if it ever gets set up

Mixam

@stsn.com
reply to TSI Marc

Marc,

I'm thinking of signing up for internet with Teksavvy. I was considering the DSL route since you previously didn't offer Cable in Edmonton. I'm glad to hear that it will be available soon. I'm considering the 7.5/300 option. I have a few questions for you.

I have a Motorola SB5100 modem that I used to use with Shaw, will that work with your service? How much would the install cost? Would there be any additional costs aside from the install and the $29.95/month?

Mixam

@stsn.com
reply to TSI Marc

Any update on the time cable will be available in Edmonton? Are the speeds and prices firmed up yet? If we are already on Shaw internet, would we still be charged an install fee? How long does it take to switch over to your service after I sign up?

creamer

join:2004-08-06

2 edits
reply to TSI Marc

for cable 10 do i need DOCSIS 3 modem or SB5102 will work? is using DOCSIS 3 modem SB6120 a better option?

tired

join:2010-12-12
reply to TSI Marc

Awesome! I'll be so glad to be rid of Shaw and Telus!

Finally a positive reason to start checking in at dslr again

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to Mixam

Hi Mixam,

I don't believe we have a firm date as of yet. But as Marc indicated, anticipating by EOM or early April (month-ish from 3/5/2013).

I would imagine the rates being the same as current Shaw areas for us

Here are the current modems on the approved list:

DOCSIS 2
Motorola - SB5100
Motorola - SB5101
Motorola - SB5102
Motorola - SB5120
Cisco DPQ2160

DOCSIS 3

Thomson DCM475
Motorola - SB6120

tired

Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TELUS

said by TSI Andre:

I don't believe we have a firm date as of yet. But as Marc indicated, anticipating by EOM or early April (month-ish from 3/5/2013).

Just wondering if you're any closer to providing a firm date for expanding cable into Alberta..?

d25m03p
Premium
join:2007-12-26
Abbotsford, BC
reply to 18286719

Hi TSI Marc or Andre or...

Connor M asked the question below, and I didn't see an answer. Would be interested in knowing as well. Capped DSL has unlimited between 2am to 8am. Would capped cable also have this unlimited usage?

said by 18286719:

plz clarify if unlimited usage between 2-8 am is available with the cable services

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

will you be launching in Winnipeg too?

ThatGuy2000

@50.7.31.x

Yah, just wondering if there is any news on the launch in Alberta? Also, can anyone suggest which of those modems I should look at or are they all basically the same?

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

No updates for Alberta just yet, but I would recommend a Docsis 3 modem.

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to sedin266

said by sedin266 :

definitely interested in cable in victoria if it ever gets set up

I would as well. I'd take the 25mbps unlimited for 45/month over what I'm paying shaw right now for 50mbps with a 400gig cap.

Mixam

@stsn.com
reply to TSI Martin

I'm starting to wonder, is it coming to Edmonton for sure and just a bit delayed, or has it been cancelled? I'm still surfing on my cell phone right now waiting for Teksavy to offer cable here. If it's not going to happen soon, I'm going to have to sign up with someone.

Updates?

Praneal

@owergeneration.com
reply to TSI Marc

when will these rates be available in toronto also what are the corresponding upload rates?

thanks

tired

Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TELUS
reply to TSI Martin

said by TSI Martin:

No updates for Alberta just yet

Any updates? Is there some way we can get ourselves added to a list of people who really, really, really want to switchover as soon as you're here?

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

I'm sure if you keep an eye on DSLReports, we will release information about Alberta when it gets done.

StillWaiting

@wind.ca

The problem here is it seems to be turning into an if instead of a when. Initially we were told end of last month beginning of this month.

Now its turned into sometime that might get done sometime.

Its hard to proceed without some information. Is this upgrade still on in the near time frame or has it been pushed off like shaw cell phone network?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by StillWaiting :

The problem here is it seems to be turning into an if instead of a when. Initially we were told end of last month beginning of this month.

Now its turned into sometime that might get done sometime.

Its hard to proceed without some information. Is this upgrade still on in the near time frame or has it been pushed off like shaw cell phone network?

We're waiting for the links to be turned up.. as soon as that happens.. we're good to go. They've been ordered for months now... soon hopefully.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

dvo

join:2002-01-23
Canada
reply to TSI Marc

Calgary -> Cranbrook -> Creston -> Castlegar -> Trail & Nelson. Any idea if/when service will be available in those 3 last cities?

Mixam

@telus.net
reply to TSI Marc

Got tired of waiting. Signed up for the 15/15 plan with Telus for a year. Faster than the plan I was going to get with Teksavvy and I get the TV too for the same price. Only downside is my bandwidth limit is less. I'll check back again when my plan is about to expire in a year to see if Shaw support is finally up.

X10A

join:2004-07-13
Brossard, QC

said by Mixam :

Got tired of waiting. Signed up for the 15/15 plan with Telus for a year. Faster than the plan I was going to get with Teksavvy and I get the TV too for the same price. Only downside is my bandwidth limit is less. I'll check back again when my plan is about to expire in a year to see if Shaw support is finally up.

should of take those initial offer for 6 month package(cancel anytime) offered by either company.