spc
Search similar:

uniqs
njt462
join:2006-11-28
Troy, MO

njt462

[CATV] USB TV Tuner

I seen on ebay a USB tv tuner for cheap that I plug into my pc and hook up the coax cable which caries my charter single what I want to know is will I be able to see all the channels i get with Charter or will it be blocked or mostly blocked?
rocKeNC
join:2010-10-30
Pasadena, CA

rocKeNC

If its not a cable card tunner then you will be able to see analog channels and your local HD channels.
google2
join:2004-02-04
South Beloit, IL

google2 to njt462

to njt462
Like kbowman said, you're going to need a cable card tuner if you really want all of your channels.

I have a Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-2650 Dual Tuner Digital CableCARD Receiver and I'm able to accomplish this. I can recommend this product personally. You'd also need to pick up a cable card and a tuning adapter at your local Charter office.
rocKeNC
join:2010-10-30
Pasadena, CA

rocKeNC to njt462

to njt462
I should also add that the tuner can only pick up what its designed to receive. For the digital channels it needs to have clearqam. If you have a newer tv, try plugging it into the cable and scanning for channels to see what you can pick up.

I also have the WinTV-DCR-2650 along with the WinTV-HVR-2250.
mdavej
join:2004-06-09
united state

mdavej to njt462

to njt462
And if you want more than 2 tuners, the HD HomeRun Prime has 3, and the Ceton InfiniTV has 4. I use one Ceton to serve as the DVR for the 4 TV's, 4 PC's and several handheld devices in my house. I have no cable boxes or cable DVR's in my house. This approach saves me about $40/month. I get every channel in my package. The only drawback is no On-Demand or PPV, but I never used those anyway.

As others have said, a cheap USB tuner on ebay will only give you what you get if you connected the incoming cable from the wall directly to your TV, which is all your analog basic cable and a handful of clear QAM HD and SD channels.