spc
uniqs
utcappy
join:2005-02-28
Hastings, MI

utcappy to neonturbo

to neonturbo

Re: [Speed] Speed increase.

Also in Michigan, Battle Creek. Reset my modem an hour ago, no issues or upgrade. However, I am using an older docsis 2.0 modem. Currently on the 30/6 Blast plan.

Heading to the Comcast store tomorrow to get a new modem, hope the increase comes soon
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

I don't think rebooting the modem is going to be necessary to see the speed increase as it's done via the CMTS. Config files are staying the same.
utcappy
join:2005-02-28
Hastings, MI

1 edit

utcappy

While chatting with support I tried getting a time frame for the upgrade roll outs.. No luck. She found it strange that I was issued a Docsis 2.0 for my Docsis 3.0 service. Modem works fine, however it has a very loud buzz from the power supply, and restarts occasionally.

"For now, we are not provided yet with a specific date for the roll out but this would happen soon. We will send out emails to our customers in the area once the upgrade of speed is being rolled out."

jkj860
The Final Frontier
join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

jkj860

I never got an email and I didnt have to reboot my modem FYI. The upgrade happened for me overnight last night.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by jkj860:

I never got an email and I didnt have to reboot my modem FYI. The upgrade happened for me overnight last night.

Your modem must have rebooted overnight then. boot files are necessary for speed profile changes, so while you didn't explicitly reboot the modem, it must have happened.
mario02423
join:2004-06-09
Berwyn, IL

mario02423

said by pflog:

boot files are necessary for speed profile changes, so while you didn't explicitly reboot the modem, it must have happened.

News to me, EG See Profile said that the CMTS will store the configuration information on some modems, so a new boot file isn't necessary, just updated information from the CMTS. This way "Blast!" configs stay as "Blast!", et al, without Comcast technicians getting all confused. I'd assume those settings are refreshed when the modem cycles, but perhaps not.
kromix
join:2013-03-04
Miami, FL

1 edit

kromix to pflog

to pflog
said by pflog:

Your modem must have rebooted overnight then. boot files are necessary for speed profile changes, so while you didn't explicitly reboot the modem, it must have happened.

This is simply not true. This is how it worked in the past, presently Comcast no longer requires Boot File changes to control speed increases. This is now done on the CMTS, the boot file connects your account to your billing speed tier, but not to the actual data throughput. They will just update on their end the Speed for your tier and you will automagically see the increase without any new config files.

Find someone who's had the speed increase and has some fancy new bootfile.

netcool
Premium Member
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO

netcool to ExoticFish

Premium Member

to ExoticFish
said by ExoticFish:

I don't think rebooting the modem is going to be necessary to see the speed increase as it's done via the CMTS. Config files are staying the same.

You still need to reset your modem to pick up the speeds. Your cable modem negotiates the speed settings upon registration only. So to pick up any changes that were made to the CMTS you will need to reboot.
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

Oh okay, thanks for correcting.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog to netcool

MVM

to netcool
said by netcool:

said by ExoticFish:

You still need to reset your modem to pick up the speeds. Your cable modem negotiates the speed settings upon registration only. So to pick up any changes that were made to the CMTS you will need to reboot.

Ah thanks, that's where my misunderstanding came in. I knew in the past a reboot was necessary and just assumed it was re-pulling a boot file.
relish
join:2009-07-21
Sterling Heights, MI

relish to utcappy

to utcappy
I advise everyone to check out the shopping information from the Comcast web site. I haven't rebooted my modem yet, but for me, 25mb isn't even advertised anymore.

According to the billing department, Blast is officially 50mbps NOW! See what it is for yourself! However, this wouldn't be the first time the billing/marketing departments have jumped the gun.

»wwwb.comcast.com/interne ··· ice.html

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

No different on my end...

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf to relish

MVM

to relish
I looked at the offerings and saw what they had to say about the Performance package I have which is 16/2 continuous, but temporarily higher with Power Boost, ~25/4.

They offering says "up to" 20/4. But when I look at the "Details and Restrictions" link, they still mention Power Boost and explain it fully.

As of today they haven't boosted me to 20/4 and eliminated the Power Boost.
Dumaine
join:2010-12-05
Detroit, MI

Dumaine to relish

to relish
I used your link and changed zip to mine......also logged in to my account.......no changes as of yet
ReignOfRain
join:2012-11-02
West Palm Beach, FL

ReignOfRain to relish

to relish
My zip code shows blast as 50 now but I don't have the updates

priuscat
join:2013-03-01
Clawson, MI

priuscat to relish

to relish
I'm in Clawson. Talked to Comcast tech. today found out I need Docis 3.0 modem. Also found out speed increase to 50mpbs will happen tomorrow. The cost to get 105mbps will be an extra $38.00 a month, forgot when that will take place though. The 305mbps will cost an extra $135.00 a month with an installation fee of $249.00 Tech is coming out tomorrow to install new modem.
Gerard1234
join:2012-04-03

1 edit

Gerard1234

Just got my increase 15 minutes ago.
Hazel Park
relish
Sterling Heights, MI

relish

said by Gerard1234:

Just got my increase 15 minutes ago.

Your post is useless if you don't say where you're from...
Shinrin
join:2013-02-28
Gadsden, AL

Shinrin to relish

to relish
said by relish:

I advise everyone to check out the shopping information from the Comcast web site. I haven't rebooted my modem yet, but for me, 25mb isn't even advertised anymore.

According to the billing department, Blast is officially 50mbps NOW! See what it is for yourself! However, this wouldn't be the first time the billing/marketing departments have jumped the gun.

»wwwb.comcast.com/interne ··· ice.html

[att=1]

Yeah I saw this for my area as well (Gadsden, AL) yesterday it was 30, but the discription said 50 XD.

Also still says powerboost on it.

priuscat
Clawson, MI

priuscat to relish

to relish
Checked Comcast website. Still has Blast at 30mbps
priuscat

priuscat to relish

to relish
Blast!®
Get download speeds up to 30 Mbps and upload speeds up to 6 Mbps with PowerBoost®.

Stream TV shows, download movies, and connect multiple devices – at blazing fast speeds.
Constant Guard® – The most comprehensive online protection of any major Internet provider at home and now on your mobile devices.
XFINITY Connect with 7 e-mail accounts, each with 10GB of storage.
Backed by the 30-Day Money-Back Comcast Customer Guarantee.

This price is for customers who currently subscribe to XFINITY Digital TV or XFINITY Voice® service.

Minimum System Requirements
Details and Restrictions
Learn More

$61.95 per month
relish
Sterling Heights, MI

relish to priuscat

to priuscat
said by priuscat:

Checked Comcast website. Still has Blast at 30mbps

Sterling Heights must be ahead of the game then!

priuscat
Clawson, MI

priuscat

reboot your modem already! lol
relish
Sterling Heights, MI

relish

said by priuscat:

reboot your modem already! lol

I did. No luck.

priuscat
Clawson, MI

priuscat

you got old modem "2" or new modem "3"?
relish
Sterling Heights, MI

relish

DOCSIS 3.0

priuscat
Clawson, MI

priuscat

wow! maybe tomorrow. that's what Comcast said for me.