how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Deanou

join:2013-03-04

[Other] Frontier billing problems, any suggestions on how to res

Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions on how best to correct my FiOS billing issues which are becoming a bit frustrating. I'll apologize in advance on the long winded story. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I called Frontier the third week in January to inquire about the Apple Gift Card (BIGTHANKYOU2) offer. I currently had the middle tier FiOS (phone, Extreme HD TV, 25Mbp Internet) package with a commitment ending Nov 1st. I was told the new "equivalent" package was $10 more per month which made the offer a bad deal. After a quick decline on the offer, the customer service rep offered a 12 month and 24 month discount which made the offer appealing so I accepted the offer of the $100 Apple GC for a new 2 year commitment at the $135.99 package price minus the 12 month and 24 month discounts. BTW the prices I'm mentioning are only the main package price and exclude any add-ons and taxes.

When I received the next billing statement, I was surprised to see that my internet was downgraded to 15Mbps and the package price while lower did not match what was discussed on the initial phone call. The new package price seemed to be from the internet speed downgrade and not the discounts that I was offered. I called customer service the next day and tried to get the issue corrected. The customer service rep tried to keep me on the 15Mbps speed and but I explained to her that I work from home on occasions and need higher speed. I also mentioned that I would not have accepted the offer if I had a reduction in the download speed. She put a credit for one of the discounts on my account and changed my internet service back to the 25Mbps.

A month went by and I received my next billing statement. I was very surprised to see that my bill increased by $45 from the previous bill. The actual cost was $55 higher but there was the credit applied from the last call. Now my package price was at $150.99 which was $15 higher than on the $135.99 package price on Frontier's web site and again the two discounts that I was offered were not on the bill. I called immediately since I was unhappy about my bill not being correct. The first CS rep put me on hold and transferred me to tech support after a brief discussion about my billing issues. Tech support transferred me back to a more helpful CS rep who reviewed my account and tried to fix my billing issues. He acknowledged the package pricing error but unfortunately was unable to correct it. He would have to work offline to get the issue resolved. We discussed the two discounts I was offered when I renewed my package. I did get confirmation from him that he added the 24 month discount back but I'm not sure if the 12 month discount was added to my account. For the 12 month discount, it seemed like I might have to call monthly about it. When the whole conversation was over, I asked for an email confirmation on all the changes to my account so that I could verify them since the Frontier web site only shows my bills and not my current services or account adjustments. He was not able to send me an email so I'll need to wait a month to see if the issues have been corrected. Honestly, I have little hope for the issues being resolved.

When I received the BITTHANKYOU2 offer I mentioned it to a co-worker. He told me that he wouldn't go for the offer because of CS issues he had returning a couple TV boxes. I should have taken his advice. On the initial phone call when I accepted the offer, it seems like a simple transaction. A new two-year commitment to an "equivalent" package with a couple extra discounts and an Apple GC. I'm concerned that I won't even receive the Apple GC since I was downgraded after the first phone call. There is still one week in the timeframe that I should receive the GC so I'll be hopeful that something went right. In hindsight, I wish I never called in January and just continued with my initial commitment and continued to be a happy customer.

Sorry for the vent at the end. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how I might resolve my billing issues so that I won't have to suffer through them for my entire commitment.

Thanks and regards,

Dean

EdmondsFios

join:2010-09-02
Edmonds, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

Re: [Other] Frontier billing problems, any suggestions on how to

Call the Washington (or Oregon or Indiana) manager of your choice using the phone information on the website. I called Ken Baldwin at 425.261.0505 (office) in Everett, WA and had a similar problem resolved. You don't indicate where you live so your contact may be different.

I do not understand why Frontier can't confirm its own commitments in an email. I also think anyone who is getting internet service should have to confirm the accuracy of the email before any change of service is made.

hahahaha7

join:2011-12-06
Portland, OR
reply to Deanou
Did you ever get the Apple GC? I re-upped on Jan 9 and have yet to receive the GC.

gozer
Premium
join:2010-08-09
Rochester, NY

1 edit
reply to Deanou
Call CS and dont even bother trying to work with any CS ask for a manager as soon as they answer and tell the manager that you have had it and want to just go back to your old plan. Be nice and dont take no as an answer.

FiOS Triple Play: Limited-time offer to current Frontier customers who subscribe to a qualifying package of Frontier residential local service with features, long distance and new FiOS® High-Speed Internet with speeds up to 15/5Mbps

Deanou

reply to EdmondsFios
Thanks for the tip EdmondsFios. I'm in Camas, WA so I'll try the WA manager that you referred to.

Deanou

reply to hahahaha7
Haven't received my Apple GC yet. I was told by one CS rep that it takes 4-6 weeks and by another 4-8 weeks. I'll post a reply if I receive mine.

Deanou

reply to gozer
Thanks gozer. I'll contact the manager EdmondsFios recommended and hopefully they can correct my account errors.

gozer
Premium
join:2010-08-09
Rochester, NY
They cant fix it! You don't qualify for any of the deals or promotions you are trying to get. The CSR that talked you into the new term contract lied because he or she gets a sales bonus for signing you to a new contract. Again I recommend so you do not waist more of your time call ask for a manager and get all this canceled and get back to your old contract.

hahahaha7

join:2011-12-06
Portland, OR

1 edit
reply to Deanou
Just FYI, I called today about my GC since it has been 2 months. Now they claim that this offer was not valid for people that didn't have a phone line. WTF? No where in the terms and conditions here:
»frontier.com/docs/legal/retentio ··· _t-c.pdf

state that at all. Seriously, Frontier needs to get their act together if they want to be a real business.

I'm copying it here in case they decide to remove that page.

edited because you blew the page margins
Terms & Conditions
Offer available until 2/4/13 to Frontier customers who renew their existing package (for $100 Apple Gift Card) or upgrade to a new qualifying package that includes existing services and adds a higher speed tier of FiOS® High-Speed Internet, Second Connect or Frontier Secure Services (for $150 Apple Gift Card). Not eligible for the Gift Card if current services are downgraded or canceled. A two-year signed agreement with a maximum of $350 early termination fee applies to phone and internet services. A $9.99 broadband processing fee upon disconnection of service applies. TV programming subject to change at any time.
Minimum system requirements and other terms and conditions apply. Applicable taxes and surcharges apply. Some Frontier services are subject to availability. Actual High-Speed Internet speeds may vary.
Installation and activation fees apply. Frontier reserves the right to withdraw this promotional offer at any time. Other restrictions may apply. WTAP Lifeline discounts not available on bundles. The FiOS® marks are owned by Verizon Trademark Services LLC and used under license. Other trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2013
Frontier Communications Corporation.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
I guess they're counting on the "and other terms and conditions apply" phrase...
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

Deanou

reply to gozer
Finally had time to call CS to see if my account problems were resolved. Not surprised that it wasn't fixed. My current billing was still set to overcharge me. Talked with a supervisor and she said that she would undo the changes from the Apple GC offer and get me back to my original contract. I'll have to check the next couple bills to see it that is true. My contract is up in Nov. I'll really need to think twice about continuing my service with Frontier. I'm not a fan of Comcast's services but at least I had better luck with their CS.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Deanou - It does sound like may have made some progress today, but be persistent and you will get the issue resolved.

Deanou

Hank,

You were right about being persistent. The most recent auto payment was at the amount of the overcharged bill. I called CS again and found that there was a credit on my account that just didn't go through before the payment. I guess that's ok but I feel that I'm paying a penalty for Frontier's mistakes.

During the call I asked the CS person to verify my phone/internet/tv package and price. The package configuration was correct but the price was not. It was approximately $10 higher than what I confirmed with the manager on the last call and was $5 higher that the Frontier web site at the time of the call. The CS person mentioned that the prices had gone up for OR & WA but I was supposed to be back on my original contract. The CS person had to get a supervisor involved. Supervisor was very nice and explained what needed to be done to my account to correct my bills. Hopefully she'll handle it.

Regards,

Dean

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Dean

I know just how frustrating and stressful getting your bill corrected is. Hopefully this supervisor will get things in order and this will be the last call you will have to make.

Best wishes,
Hank