Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

Flaw in 3 Web Browsers Exploited to Fill Disks With Cat Pics

»news.softpedia.com/news/Flaw-in-···53.shtml from »www.bluesnews.com/s/139592/eveni···ty-dance ...

"Feross Aboukhadijeh, a Web developer and a Stanford computer science student, has identified a vulnerability that could be exploited to flood a computer’s hard drives with junk data in a short amount of time. Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera and Chrome are impacted by the issue.

In order to demonstrate his findings, Aboukhadijeh has set up a website called FillDisk.com which fills the user’s computer with pictures of cats..."
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

2 recommendations

red2

@fastwebnet.it
reply to antdude
said by antdude:

In order to demonstrate his findings, Aboukhadijeh has set up a website called FillDisk.com which fills the user’s computer with pictures of cats..."

Mice everywhere are not happy about this.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to antdude
Sounds like fun, at least until they patch it.

I'm trying to sort out what I remember about Near and Middle Eastern orthographies and transliterations to figure out if that's a Persian surname. Are they Persian cats?

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to antdude
Nice to see Firefox not affected by this.