Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1

SUPERAntiSpyware still no official Windows 8 support?

Common. These cats have had more then enough time to release by now. What is going on over there?

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

Who knows...could take a while. SUPERAntiSpy See Profile hasn't been here in quite some time either.
I remember being so annoyed with how long it took them to develop full 64-bit drivers for their product so it would work with Windows XP 64-bit Edition. This was waaaay before Windows 7 existed.
»Re: [App Update] SUPERAntiSpyware v.5.0 Pre-Release
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR

1 recommendation

I think another company bought them or something? Maybe that is why for the slow support. Or they are just lazy and don't care. When its done its done kinda attitude.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

said by SUPERAntiSpy :
"We prioritize releases on what the MARKET MAJORITY needs."
»Support.com acquires SUPERAntiSpyware
Perhaps it has something to do with the MARKET MAJORITY?
That was just one of the responses I received in my linked threads about 64-bit support.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to KoRnGtL15

It's laziness. Avira is the same way. What the heck are these companies going to do when Microsoft goes to a new OS EVERY YEAR starting this summer with Windows Blue?
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

SpHeRe31459
Premium
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2
reply to KoRnGtL15

Someone said the same thing about a month or so ago... Windows 8 is supported in the latest versions, says so right here:
»www.superantispyware.com/support···ml?faq=6

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR

Well I'll be damned! They must have updated it recently? Talk about having to hunt a bit to find it. Should be advertised easily.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to SpHeRe31459

Ha....I had forgotten that thread and the answer being hidden in FAQ. That should be stated in a much more obvious manner. Maybe it is not stated more openly because the support is iffy for Windows 8?
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

SpHeRe31459
Premium
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2

Yeah not sure why it's not more obvious.

If you look around in their forums people have been successfully using SAS on Windows 8 since November 2012.