uniqs
share rss forum feed

Vchat20
Landing is the REAL challenge
Premium
join:2003-09-16
Columbus, OH

[Equipment] Cordless phone systems with both BT and integrated S

Long story made short: I am curious if there are any cordless phone systems that include both bluetooth for adding phones as secondary lines and also built in SIP? And without going into the super high cost made-for-office models? I have a strong feeling this is not available as my thus-far limited searching has come up empty.

Moving soon and right now I do not have free reign over the telecommunications in the house. This will be changing. The priority is bluetooth support (two android phones which are our primary lines) which is widely available in cordless systems and inexpensively I may add. But I am also considering adding Callcentric to the mix and running it native to the base station compared to adding an ATA is more desirable. But if the cost is exorbitant, it would be better off just to go the ATA route.

Thanks!
--
I swear, some people should have pace-makers installed to free up the resources. Breathing and heart beat taxes their whole system, all of their brain cells wasted on life support.-two bit brains, and the second bit is wasted on parity! ~head_spaz

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Re: [Equipment] Cordless phone systems with both BT and integrat

Gigaset DX800 it's an option and is capable of 2 connections.
You can add wireless handsets, check the compatibility list.

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·ooma
·Verizon Broadban..
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Vchat20

I have this - works great:

»shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/KX-TG7623B

The one caveat - some cell phones have better BT radios than others. The best one ever - the first Moto Droid. That thing could connect to the Panasonic rig from my neighbor's house.

HTC phones suck on range. The current Moto Razr M and Razr seem to work okay.

Vchat20
Landing is the REAL challenge
Premium
join:2003-09-16
Columbus, OH

said by ke4pym:

I have this - works great:

»shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/KX-TG7623B

The one caveat - some cell phones have better BT radios than others. The best one ever - the first Moto Droid. That thing could connect to the Panasonic rig from my neighbor's house.

HTC phones suck on range. The current Moto Razr M and Razr seem to work okay.

That's ok. My mom has the OG Droid and I have the Droid X. And we may end up getting Droid 3's sometime this year. All of which have great BT range from experience.

Unfortunately the Panasonic doesn't have VoIP/SIP built in. And if Dan_voip See Profile's link is anything to go by, I won't be finding anything cheap that has that and BT. A nice phone (the Gigaset) for sure! But quite pricey for my tastes. May just run with a BT model and add a separate ATA to start.
--
I swear, some people should have pace-makers installed to free up the resources. Breathing and heart beat taxes their whole system, all of their brain cells wasted on life support.-two bit brains, and the second bit is wasted on parity! ~head_spaz