join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to mlerner

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Rogers

said by mlerner:

The TPIA links and aggregated TPIA links are both installed and managed by Rogers. So feel free to jump to your own conclusions but it may not necessarily change anything.

There's no guarantee but Start isn't plagued by POI routers going down or POI congestion nearly as much as TSI is. So there's a basis for believing APOI will be less problematic.

PlatooN

join:2007-02-13
Kitchener, ON

Start also has probably 25% of TSI's customer base

SimplePanda
Go Habs Go
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to mlerner

Just based on the nature of ATPIA things will probably be better. The per-POI issues will be basically neutralized as POI issues will be network wide (Rogers and all ATPIAs) rather than isolated to to single legacy TPIA's.

Basically all of the issues TekSavvy is having with Rogers right now are related to congestion on a per-POI basis related to their backhaul. This will go away under ATPIA.

d_source

join:2011-01-18
reply to the_blob

said by the_blob:

Currently Rogers is offering 150 / 10 for $122.99 + $30/month for unlimited usage... Any plans or possibility that Teksavvy will be able to at least match this offer? Teksavvy's current listed 150 unlimited package price is about $70/month more than that...

Yes please go to Rogers, order the 150/10 unlimited option plan and saturate the sh1t out of their network at prime time! TSI has to price this unlimited plan high b/c they get mainly the heavy users from Rogers. This move pushes those heavy users back to Rogers and actually saves TSI money. Good plan by Marc! +1

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

Considering that everyone will be using Rogers pipes to Toronto and the site of the AggPOI, giving the 150/10 customers back to Rogers doesn't eliminate congestion on the links from the head ends. The amount of Rogers route that TPIA customers must use has become much higher and liable to Rogers disasters

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

Not really, Rogers will just put TPIA connections on lower priority in cases where there is higher load. While as a customer there is no way to know for sure, I have seen some oddball speed issues in the past which seemed to point to QoS rather than actual congestion.

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to PlatooN

said by PlatooN:

Start also has probably 25% of TSI's customer base

I don't know if that's true, at least for Ontario. Start has no presence in Quebec or Western Canada but if we limit the scope to Ontario, Start has been around a year longer than TSI I believe. Their Cable subscriber base might be. They've been servicing all of Rogers footprint for about a year now as well as Cogeco's areas, areas TSI has no presence at all (except for the 20~ POIs TSI has set up on Rogers).

Going by the threads created TPIA Cable has been more problematic for TSI than xDSL GAS/AGAS after initial setups (both seem to have their fair amount of activation issues).

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Marc

At one point, TekSavvy represented 25% of all new Rogers internet installs, and they cover a much wider area than Start (including the maritimes and out west), so it wouldn't surprise me if TSI was much larger than Start.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

zoneseek

join:2011-09-12
reply to TSI Marc

I noticed no mention of the 150 package on your new pricing site this morning. Is this option still planned to be available?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

said by zoneseek:

I noticed no mention of the 150 package on your new pricing site this morning. Is this option still planned to be available?

The Rogers territory prices haven't been rolled out on the website officially yet. Marc said that is comming soon.
--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to zoneseek

Hello,
We haven't updated Rogers & Videotron packages. These will be coming soon...

Martin

renegadeaven

join:2011-08-15

Martin for those on 28mbps can we choose to get bumped down instead of being bumped up and pay an additional 3 dollars a month when these new rates take effect?

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

We'll have to wait until new packages are out. I don't know what the future holds. But changing plans shouldn't be a problem. All you have to do is ask us.

zoneseek

join:2011-09-12

Thanks TSI Martin & TwiztedZero. Really pumped for the 150/10 service.

Stranger

join:2012-11-29
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

On plans that have usage caps - unlimited between 2am and 8am

Up and down contribute to the usage caps on cable? Your DSL post indicates usages is to be measured by counting downloads only.

Jayar

join:2005-01-16
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Stranger:

said by TSI Marc:

On plans that have usage caps - unlimited between 2am and 8am

Up and down contribute to the usage caps on cable? Your DSL post indicates usages is to be measured by counting downloads only.

Same thing with cable. I don't remember the specific thread, but it was discussed and the same applies here.

Stranger

reply to TSI Marc

From another forum (re: ATPIA dates):

"Migration Schedule for anyone interested for Rogers Cable

March 22 - Aggregate POI turn-up with these 13 new areas
Alliston
Barrie_sperling
Barrie_wickies
Bolton
Collingwood
Harris (Brantford)
Keswick
Orangeville
Orillia
Pefferlaw
Pine Ridge(Oshawa)
Stratford
Woodbridge

For existing POIs
March 27 - Guelph
April 10 - McNicoll
April 15 - Markham
April 22 - Brampton
April 29 - Ajax
May 6 - York Mills
May 13 - Newkirk (Richmond Hill)
May 20 - Scarlett
June 3 - Dupont
June 10 - Kitchener
June 17 - Greensboro
June 24 - Bloor
July 3 - London
July 8 - St Laurent
July 15 - Fallowfield
July 22 - Richmond Rd, Ottawa
July 29 - Wolfedale (Mississauga)
Aug 5 - Comstock
Aug 12 - Newmarket
Aug 19 - Woodstock"

Stranger

reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

said by TypeS:

I quoted the first instance of Marc saying it was download only but I'm pretty sure if Marc went and counted his posts, there's a handful of time he's confirmed it already.

hehe. yeah. its funny but I actually do try to keep track of the mujltiple times I've said any specific thing.

repeating myself is kind of part of the job it seems. and I'm ok with that.

*nudge* *nudge* update the original post

jacketfeng

join:2008-12-21
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc

really?
99 dollars for unl cable 30
that's expensive.
i think i would stay at unl cable 28.

FiberToTheX
Premium
join:2013-03-14
reply to TSI Marc

Do we have to wait for the Aggregate POI to be Migrated before the new plans will show up as available ?

The reason I am asking is because it shows I qualify for the 18/28 Cable plan but not the other cable internet plans.

FiberToTheX
Premium
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by FiberToTheX:

Do we have to wait for the Aggregate POI to be Migrated before the new plans will show up as available ?

The reason I am asking is because it shows I qualify for the 18/28 Cable plan but not the other cable internet plans.

No answer to this question for at least 6 days so I am bumping it to ask again. Will I need to wait for POI to be Migrated to Aggregate before I can qualify for anything higher than 18/28 ?

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

Anything higher than was available before the announcement you will not get untill migration is done.This was hashed over in several topics here

TypeS

London, ON

I think what he's asking, is he can pre-order the change on his account from a POI package to APOI package so it changes automatically for him (including the $5 charge) on his account when the migration happens at his POI.

FiberToTheX
Premium
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by TypeS:

I think what he's asking, is he can pre-order the change on his account from a POI package to APOI package so it changes automatically for him (including the $5 charge) on his account when the migration happens at his POI.

I'm on an ADSL Connection through a different company than TekSavvy. My question is actually as follows:

"I checked using the Internet availability plan tool on the TekSavvy website and it showed the Cable 18/28 Plans as available in my area. However will I need to wait for the Richmond Hill POI Migration to be finished before it shows that I qualify for higher Cable Internet plans such as the 150/10 ?"

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by FiberToTheX:

said by TypeS:

I'm on an ADSL Connection through a different company than TekSavvy. My question is actually as follows:

"I checked using the Internet availability plan tool on the TekSavvy website and it showed the Cable 18/28 Plans as available in my area. However will I need to wait for the Richmond Hill POI Migration to be finished before it shows that I qualify for higher Cable Internet plans such as the 150/10 ?"

None of the new speeds are available to any TPIA that is using the outgoing disaggregated POI model. This was decided 2 weeks before the CBB decision by the CRTC. Rogers will only offer it through APOI. So 25/2, 35/3. 45/4 ad 150/10 will not be available until the day the POI for your are is migrated over to APOI.

FiberToTheX
Premium
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by TypeS:

said by FiberToTheX:

said by TypeS:

None of the new speeds are available to any TPIA that is using the outgoing disaggregated POI model. This was decided 2 weeks before the CBB decision by the CRTC. Rogers will only offer it through APOI. So 25/2, 35/3. 45/4 ad 150/10 will not be available until the day the POI for your are is migrated over to APOI.

That answers my question. Thank you I will wait for my POI to be migrated to APOI from DPOI before using the Check Availability Tool.

TypeS

London, ON

No problem.

dbusguy

join:2003-03-03
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

Sorry for not taking the time to read the last 29 pages for this simple answer.
I read that existing customers will be grandfathered.
Can you please clarify what this means to me.
I'm on Wolfedale with 28/1, 300gigs for $46.95.
Does this just mean I can stay with this and not have any changes?
(and I think the answer is yes)
Will we be given a choice to move up or down at no admin fee?
Thank-you

25/2 mbps (ATPIA) - DOCSIS 3 modem required
300 Gigs - $39.95
Unlimited - $59.95

28/1 mbps (TPIA)
300 Gigs - $46.95
Unlimited - $61.95

35/3 mbps (ATPIA) - DOCSIS 3 modem required
300 Gigs - $49.95
Unlimited - $79.95

ASharp

join:2001-08-08
Scarborough, ON

said by dbusguy:

Does this just mean I can stay with this and not have any changes?
(and I think the answer is yes)

Correct.

said by dbusguy:

Will we be given a choice to move up or down at no admin fee?

$5 fee applies for changing to one of the new plans regardless of whether it's up or down in speed tiers.

migratory

@apexcovantage.com
reply to dbusguy

There's a $5 speed change fee imposed by Rogers, so after your POI gets migrated either you can keep the same package for the same price or move up/down to whatever package you want for $5.