uniqs

FiberToTheX
Premium Member
join:2013-03-14

FiberToTheX

Premium Member

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Rogers

said by FiberToTheX:

Do we have to wait for the Aggregate POI to be Migrated before the new plans will show up as available ?

The reason I am asking is because it shows I qualify for the 18/28 Cable plan but not the other cable internet plans.

No answer to this question for at least 6 days so I am bumping it to ask again. Will I need to wait for POI to be Migrated to Aggregate before I can qualify for anything higher than 18/28 ?

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

Anything higher than was available before the announcement you will not get untill migration is done.This was hashed over in several topics here

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

I think what he's asking, is he can pre-order the change on his account from a POI package to APOI package so it changes automatically for him (including the $5 charge) on his account when the migration happens at his POI.

FiberToTheX
Premium Member

FiberToTheX

Premium Member

said by TypeS:

I think what he's asking, is he can pre-order the change on his account from a POI package to APOI package so it changes automatically for him (including the $5 charge) on his account when the migration happens at his POI.

I'm on an ADSL Connection through a different company than TekSavvy. My question is actually as follows:

"I checked using the Internet availability plan tool on the TekSavvy website and it showed the Cable 18/28 Plans as available in my area. However will I need to wait for the Richmond Hill POI Migration to be finished before it shows that I qualify for higher Cable Internet plans such as the 150/10 ?"

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

said by FiberToTheX:

said by TypeS:

I'm on an ADSL Connection through a different company than TekSavvy. My question is actually as follows:

"I checked using the Internet availability plan tool on the TekSavvy website and it showed the Cable 18/28 Plans as available in my area. However will I need to wait for the Richmond Hill POI Migration to be finished before it shows that I qualify for higher Cable Internet plans such as the 150/10 ?"

None of the new speeds are available to any TPIA that is using the outgoing disaggregated POI model. This was decided 2 weeks before the CBB decision by the CRTC. Rogers will only offer it through APOI. So 25/2, 35/3. 45/4 ad 150/10 will not be available until the day the POI for your are is migrated over to APOI.

FiberToTheX
Premium Member

FiberToTheX

Premium Member

said by TypeS:

said by FiberToTheX:

said by TypeS:

None of the new speeds are available to any TPIA that is using the outgoing disaggregated POI model. This was decided 2 weeks before the CBB decision by the CRTC. Rogers will only offer it through APOI. So 25/2, 35/3. 45/4 ad 150/10 will not be available until the day the POI for your are is migrated over to APOI.

That answers my question. Thank you I will wait for my POI to be migrated to APOI from DPOI before using the Check Availability Tool.

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

No problem.

dbusguy
join:2003-03-03
Mississauga, ON

dbusguy to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Sorry for not taking the time to read the last 29 pages for this simple answer.
I read that existing customers will be grandfathered.
Can you please clarify what this means to me.
I'm on Wolfedale with 28/1, 300gigs for $46.95.
Does this just mean I can stay with this and not have any changes?
(and I think the answer is yes)
Will we be given a choice to move up or down at no admin fee?
Thank-you

25/2 mbps (ATPIA) - DOCSIS 3 modem required
300 Gigs - $39.95
Unlimited - $59.95

28/1 mbps (TPIA)
300 Gigs - $46.95
Unlimited - $61.95

35/3 mbps (ATPIA) - DOCSIS 3 modem required
300 Gigs - $49.95
Unlimited - $79.95
ASharp
join:2001-08-08
Scarborough, ON

ASharp

said by dbusguy:

Does this just mean I can stay with this and not have any changes?
(and I think the answer is yes)

Correct.
said by dbusguy:

Will we be given a choice to move up or down at no admin fee?

$5 fee applies for changing to one of the new plans regardless of whether it's up or down in speed tiers.

migratory
@apexcovantage.com

migratory to dbusguy

Anon

to dbusguy
There's a $5 speed change fee imposed by Rogers, so after your POI gets migrated either you can keep the same package for the same price or move up/down to whatever package you want for $5.

dbusguy
join:2003-03-03
Mississauga, ON

dbusguy to ASharp

to ASharp
Thank-you for the replies
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Pulled the trigger tonight in oshawa Will keep You posted on how the process for my 150/10 goes.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing that speed test.
jokealot
join:2013-04-01
Normal, IL

jokealot to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
As others, sorry that do not read all the past 29 pages, and I just get off the phone with Teksavvy's CSR, as I have thought about move to Rogers with their $45 (35M/3M/200G) plan, and when call to inquiry, I was told that my current cable 18 (18M/0.5M/300G) service will be upgraded to cable 25 (25M/2M/300G) early May with the same monthly charge. So I want to know:
1) Will the upgrade be free and automatic? I mean no admin fee, etc.?
2) My main concern is for the upload speed upgrade, will my current modem DCM425 be able to handle the upload speed (2Mbps) fine? If that's the case, I will not upgrade my modem.
3) If a modem upgrade is really required, do you have some 'trade-in' program for the old modem?

Thanks.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by jokealot:

As others, sorry that do not read all the past 29 pages, and I just get off the phone with Teksavvy's CSR, as I have thought about move to Rogers with their $45 (35M/3M/200G) plan, and when call to inquiry, I was told that my current cable 18 (18M/0.5M/300G) service will be upgraded to cable 25 (25M/2M/300G) early May with the same monthly charge. So I want to know:
1) Will the upgrade be free and automatic? I mean no admin fee, etc.?
2) My main concern is for the upload speed upgrade, will my current modem DCM425 be able to handle the upload speed (2Mbps) fine? If that's the case, I will not upgrade my modem.
3) If a modem upgrade is really required, do you have some 'trade-in' program for the old modem?

Thanks.

1. The upgrade will not be applied automatically, as you will be grandfathered with your current plan, you will likely need to pay $5 speed change fee.

2. Because you have a DCM425 which is a Docsis2 modem you will not be able to upgrade to the new 25/2 tier because it requires a Docsis3 modem.

3. An upgrade to a Docsis3 modem is required, either the DCM475/476 will work for any of the new tiers. From what I've seen there is no modem upgrade program.
jokealot
Normal, IL

jokealot

The agent didn't mention anything about the $5 fee, but I think he did told me that there is nothing I need to do to get the upgrade. For the modem, he did seems to be a little bit hesitate, but he told me that it should be able to handle the 2Mbps upload.

For modem, he offered like new refurbished for $20 less. But Rogers plan provide free modem rental. So it's really hard to decide which way to go.

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by jokealot:

The agent didn't mention anything about the $5 fee, but I think he did told me that there is nothing I need to do to get the upgrade. For the modem, he did seems to be a little bit hesitate, but he told me that it should be able to handle the 2Mbps upload.

For modem, he offered like new refurbished for $20 less. But Rogers plan provide free modem rental. So it's really hard to decide which way to go.

TelSavvy may no longer be charging the $5 change fee. However you will not be able to upgrade to a new speed tier with the modem you have as Rogers will not allow it as the modem is Docsis2 and the new tiers require a Docsis3 modem.
jokealot
Normal, IL

jokealot

said by JC_:

TelSavvy may no longer be charging the $5 change fee. However you will not be able to upgrade to a new speed tier with the modem you have as Rogers will not allow it as the modem is Docsis2 and the new tiers require a Docsis3 modem.

Ok thanks, I will call again tomorrow to confirm about the admin fee, and modem requirement.

TekSavvyUser
@teksavvy.com

TekSavvyUser to jokealot

Anon

to jokealot
- Rogers does not offer 200Gig for the plan you are asking
- You said "Rogers plan provide free modem rental", that does not sound like free. You say rental.

Trust me you are much better with Teksavvy than Rogers, this my personal opinion. I am not fan of Teksavvy, or an agent of them. But when you compare their plan and their price side by side vs. Rogers, it is not difficult to decide.
jokealot
Normal, IL

jokealot

said by TekSavvyUser :

- Rogers does not offer 200Gig for the plan you are asking
- You said "Rogers plan provide free modem rental", that does not sound like free. You say rental.

Trust me you are much better with Teksavvy than Rogers, this my personal opinion. I am not fan of Teksavvy, or an agent of them. But when you compare their plan and their price side by side vs. Rogers, it is not difficult to decide.

Rogers do have a hidden plan that offer 120GB+80GB bonus=200GB. I have their confirmation letter, and the modem rental is free (the charge $8 for it, but then apply a discount to offset it), and there are no contract, price guaranteed for 8 YEARS.

I am no fan to Rogers, when I cancel their cable TV, they disconnect my teksavvy cable internet for a whole week. But I think they are really trying to be competitive, Bell is doing the same thing too. I believe that IS the reason why teksavvy upgrade their service without increase their price. So from this point of view, we should thank Rogers, even though we used to hate them.

Of course, if they do drive teksavvy and others out of the field, we may be in trouble. But with 8 years ahead of us, we really needn't worry about that right now.

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

I hope you realize within those 8 years Rogers can in general can hike rates and the discount you're seeing now will just be applied on the new rate. I could be wrong but this promise of "8 years, no contract" is recent and if we go by Rogers history (or that of any other incumbent), they can change the terms of any agreement as they feel like it. It'll be in your ToS that you verbally agree to when signing up, that you accept any changes to the service.

That being said, if they're offering you a competitive deal with no contract, you should go for it if 200GB fits your usage. Just warning you that that 8 year promise is just a hook.
jokealot
Normal, IL

jokealot

Just to update, I called the CSR (it did take a long time to get connected), and get some clarification for the modem: You can use the old modem for the new plan, it won't be 'disabled'; The old modem, for my case DCM425, can handle upload speed more than 1Mbps, though no exact number could be provided.

So I will stay with the old modem for a while, and see what speed can it handle. Though the CSR I talked with today didn't have upgrade schedule. The CSR I talked with yesterday said there is a thread in this forum, where Teksavvy have given the upgrade time table, can someone provide a link to that thread? A quick search didn't find it for me.
darrylr
join:2003-02-10
Nepean, ON

darrylr

»[Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_ to jokealot

Premium Member

to jokealot
said by jokealot:

Just to update, I called the CSR (it did take a long time to get connected), and get some clarification for the modem: You can use the old modem for the new plan, it won't be 'disabled'; The old modem, for my case DCM425, can handle upload speed more than 1Mbps, though no exact number could be provided.

The CSR that you spoke to is 100% incorrect, Rogers will not allow you to use a Docsis2 modem I can 100% guarantee this, please see »[Cable] NEW RATES - Rogers which even shows that a Docsis3 modem is required for any new speed tier except 6/0.256 mbps.
Scycotic
join:2012-12-10

Scycotic

What will happen is you'll be grandfathered in with your old plan, and if it's currently using your old modem then it will continue to work. If you upgrade to one of the new plans then you'll need to get a new modem.
Pharaoh11
join:2011-02-01
Toronto, ON

Pharaoh11 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Ohh joy i play just what i am paying now.
Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

Webslinger to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

On plans that have usage caps - unlimited between 2am and 8am

Is there any reason I'm not seeing the unlimited times advertised on Teksavvy's website for cable?

»www.teksavvy.com/en/resi ··· cable-45
leeanne172
leeanne172
join:2003-01-28
Toronto Ont

leeanne172 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Because nothing has come into effect yet most likely
Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

Webslinger

Premium Member

said by leeanne172:

Because nothing has come into effect yet most likely

No. »[Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule
Webslinger

2 edits

Webslinger

Premium Member

said by TSI Marc:

On plans that have usage caps - unlimited between 2am and 8am

said by Webslinger:

Is there any reason I'm not seeing the unlimited times advertised on Teksavvy's website for cable?

»www.teksavvy.com/en/resi ··· cable-45

Does anyone from Teksavvy have an answer to this, please?