TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to jokealot

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Rogers

I hope you realize within those 8 years Rogers can in general can hike rates and the discount you're seeing now will just be applied on the new rate. I could be wrong but this promise of "8 years, no contract" is recent and if we go by Rogers history (or that of any other incumbent), they can change the terms of any agreement as they feel like it. It'll be in your ToS that you verbally agree to when signing up, that you accept any changes to the service.

That being said, if they're offering you a competitive deal with no contract, you should go for it if 200GB fits your usage. Just warning you that that 8 year promise is just a hook.

jokealot

join:2013-04-01
Normal, IL

Just to update, I called the CSR (it did take a long time to get connected), and get some clarification for the modem: You can use the old modem for the new plan, it won't be 'disabled'; The old modem, for my case DCM425, can handle upload speed more than 1Mbps, though no exact number could be provided.

So I will stay with the old modem for a while, and see what speed can it handle. Though the CSR I talked with today didn't have upgrade schedule. The CSR I talked with yesterday said there is a thread in this forum, where Teksavvy have given the upgrade time table, can someone provide a link to that thread? A quick search didn't find it for me.

darrylr

join:2003-02-10
Nepean, ON

»[Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to jokealot

said by jokealot:

Just to update, I called the CSR (it did take a long time to get connected), and get some clarification for the modem: You can use the old modem for the new plan, it won't be 'disabled'; The old modem, for my case DCM425, can handle upload speed more than 1Mbps, though no exact number could be provided.

The CSR that you spoke to is 100% incorrect, Rogers will not allow you to use a Docsis2 modem I can 100% guarantee this, please see »[Cable] NEW RATES - Rogers which even shows that a Docsis3 modem is required for any new speed tier except 6/0.256 mbps.

Scycotic

join:2012-12-10

What will happen is you'll be grandfathered in with your old plan, and if it's currently using your old modem then it will continue to work. If you upgrade to one of the new plans then you'll need to get a new modem.

Pharaoh11

join:2011-02-01
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Ohh joy i play just what i am paying now.

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

On plans that have usage caps - unlimited between 2am and 8am

Is there any reason I'm not seeing the unlimited times advertised on Teksavvy's website for cable?

»www.teksavvy.com/en/residential/···cable-45

leeanne172

join:2003-01-28
Toronto Ont
reply to TSI Marc

Because nothing has come into effect yet most likely

Webslingerac

canada

said by leeanne172:

Because nothing has come into effect yet most likely

No. »[Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule

Webslingerac

canada

2 edits
reply to Webslingerac

said by TSI Marc:

On plans that have usage caps - unlimited between 2am and 8am

said by Webslingerac:

Is there any reason I'm not seeing the unlimited times advertised on Teksavvy's website for cable?

»www.teksavvy.com/en/residential/···cable-45

Does anyone from Teksavvy have an answer to this, please?

recneps
Premium
join:2006-06-24
Whitby, ON
reply to Webslingerac

Not much point in mentioning it until they can actually track usage, no?
To anyone who doesn't know about it and signs up anyway, it would be a pleasant surprise.

Webslingerac

canada

4 edits

said by recneps:

Not much point in mentioning it until they can actually track usage, no?

Oh, after the switch to ATPIA, I thought they could? Anyway, if this is a troubling subject I don't need an answer to that question (concerning usage tracking).

But I would appreciate a Teksavvy rep confirming that (no matter what) customers on the new plans won't be charged between 2a.m.-8 a.m. even though that isn't explicitly advertised on Teksavvy's website, please.

quote:
To anyone who doesn't know about it and signs up anyway, it would be a pleasant surprise.
I'm more concerned about signing up and being denied unlimited usage between 2 a.m. and 8 a.m. because it's not explicitly advertised. But Marc made the claim, so I'm thinking I shouldn't need to be concerned.

Escas
Premium
join:2008-01-02
canada

I was going to upgrade to 150/10M but was told by a TSI rep that both download and upload are counted in the monthly usage and Tek do not have unlimited download between 2-8am for cable Internet (They are only for xDSL). 300gb may not be enough and I am thinking which slower & affordable tier I should go.

Jayar

join:2005-01-16
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Escas:

I was going to upgrade to 150/10M but was told by a TSI rep that both download and upload are counted in the monthly usage and Tek do not have unlimited download between 2-8am for cable Internet (They are only for xDSL). 300gb may not be enough and I am thinking which slower & affordable tier I should go.

Pretty sure the rep was just misinformed.

Escas
Premium
join:2008-01-02
canada

said by TSILiz:

Hi There!

To answer your questions

1. a) Both upload and download are counted.
b) That is only for DSL, we currently do not have unlimited download between 2-8am for cable Internet.

2. You will be paying a one time fee of $5 to upgrade/downgrade speed. Changing bandwidth is free.

Liz

I re-read what Marc said in the first post and I am now confusing.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by Escas:

said by TSILiz:

Hi There!

To answer your questions

1. a) Both upload and download are counted.
b) That is only for DSL, we currently do not have unlimited download between 2-8am for cable Internet.

2. You will be paying a one time fee of $5 to upgrade/downgrade speed. Changing bandwidth is free.

Liz

I re-read what Marc said in the first post and I am now confusing.

Misinformed rep.

Arcturus

join:2008-04-18
London, ON

Indeed I believe this is a promise made to us only on the forums so far, and has not been rolled out to the public or internally as of yet.

Hopefully it is something that will be rolled out shortly for everyone.