how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fredtek

join:2009-09-05
reply to TSI Marc

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Vidéotron

When does these prices/plans will be available? I want to change to 60Mbits!!

Also, does the cable bandwidth tool check on the webpage will exclude the 2am to 8am downloads?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
said by Fredtek:

When does these prices/plans will be available? I want to change to 60Mbits!!

Also, does the cable bandwidth tool check on the webpage will exclude the 2am to 8am downloads?

love that avatar

not sure yet on timing.. 2-4 weeks to implement.

on bandwidth tool.. we still have to figure that out.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

chaseme

join:2011-09-12
Terrasse-Vaudreuil, QC
reply to TSI Marc
Could you add upload speeds like in the Rogers thread? Or are they missing cause there's no change?

RMerlin

join:2009-10-09
Montreal, QC
said by chaseme:

Could you add upload speeds like in the Rogers thread? Or are they missing cause there's no change?

Videotron will be upgrading their upload speeds in mid-April. I assume that's why MArc isn't announcing the official speeds yet, since at this point it's unknown whether those new prices will be effective before, or after the upload increase.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
said by RMerlin:

said by chaseme:

Videotron will be upgrading their upload speeds in mid-April. I assume that's why Marc isn't announcing the official speeds yet, since at this point it's unknown whether those new prices will be effective before, or after the upload increase.

yeah.. I'm not really sure what they are.

Whatever they are though, unless the download speeds change.. I dont see our rates changing.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Marc
Well, there will be a new downstream speed. There is an official press release here:

»corpo.videotron.com/site/press-r···ease/683

The new speeds will be, as far as I can tell:

5/1
10/1.5
20/10
30/10
60/10
120/20
200/30
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

ohmer

join:2003-08-06
Quebec, QC
kudos:1
Unlimited off peak for cable. For real?

Neurodog8

join:2008-12-08
Gatineau, QC
reply to TSI Marc
I don't get it... you charge $10 more for my plan(20 mbps with 75gig) but reduce the 300gig plan.

bad move for people like us who don't pass our 75gig plan.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
said by Neurodog8:

I don't get it... you charge $10 more for my plan(20 mbps with 75gig) but reduce the 300gig plan.

bad move for people like us who don't pass our 75gig plan.

The throughput (in megabits per second) is in some respects more relevant now than the gig usage. Unless you're talking about unlimited, where people use the connection enough to potentially trigger really high costs.
--

Neurodog8

join:2008-12-08
Gatineau, QC
I thought it was the other way around.

phreshive

join:2013-02-20
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
reply to TSI Marc
Is the overage rate (0.50/MB / $25 Max) staying the same? It is one of the reasons for my pending switch on March 11th.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Marc
It'll probably change.

Funky_

join:2004-06-05
Canada
reply to TSI Marc
I guess I am one of the lucky ones. My internet bill will be a buck cheaper. I am getting 10mbit upload in April and unlimited usage from 2am to 8am...

Awesome.

JonyBelGeul
Premium
join:2008-07-31
reply to TSI Marc
I'm sad to see a 5$ increase for the 5/300 tier. I'm the one who advised my mom to go with you guys. But it's still better than Videotron.crooks: 31.95 - 15GB - don't know the overage, not indicated?!?

Told her the bad news. Took it well I suppose. Give me some good news for DSL/QC, m'kay?
--
My blog. Wanna Git My Ball on Blogspot.

mltgames

join:2012-07-30
Sherbrooke, QC
reply to TSI Marc
Illimité entre 2h et 8h avant midi./Unlimited between 2am and 8am

Si j'ai le service 20 mbps avec 300 gb, es-ce que j'ai illimité entre 2h et 8h du matin?

atmx093

join:2009-01-07
Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by mltgames:

Illimité entre 2h et 8h avant midi./Unlimited between 2am and 8am

Si j'ai le service 20 mbps avec 300 gb, es-ce que j'ai illimité entre 2h et 8h du matin?

Tout le monde sur câble au Québec avec Teksavvy (avec la connexion qui passe a travers Vidéotroll) aurait illimité entre 2am - 8am.

C'est indépendant de ton forfait. Par exemple moi avec le service 5/1 j'y aurai droit aussi.

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2
reply to JonyBelGeul
said by JonyBelGeul:

I'm sad to see a 5$ increase for the 5/300 tier.

You can change to 5M/75GB at the same price if she does not go over This is what I will do most likely ...I will check my last 3 months usage 1st ...

Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada
reply to TSI Marc
Yanno, just a wee few more hours on the unlimited time could well make all the difference....

I'm just saying.
Any wiggle room there...???
Yanno, say to 10 or 11 am in the morning...??

Fredtek

join:2009-09-05
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

Well, there will be a new downstream speed. There is an official press release here:

»corpo.videotron.com/site/press-r···ease/683

The new speeds will be, as far as I can tell:

5/1
10/1.5
20/10
30/10
60/10
120/20
200/30

You forgot the 15/10, which is mentioned in the press release link you gave.

"Uncompromised speed and performance
Starting April 17, Videotron business customers will be able to take advantage of a revamped Ultimate Speed Internet 15 service featuring download speeds of 15 Mbps, upload speeds of 10 Mbps"

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
said by Fredtek:

You forgot the 15/10, which is mentioned in the press release link you gave.

"Uncompromised speed and performance
Starting April 17, Videotron business customers will be able to take advantage of a revamped Ultimate Speed Internet 15 service featuring download speeds of 15 Mbps, upload speeds of 10 Mbps"

TekSavvy does not offer business TPIA.
--

vientito1

join:2009-01-09
Changing plan within same speed profile but lower quota will I be charged plan change fee? When is this price effective?

nickctn

join:2002-12-13
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, QC
reply to TSI Marc
Hmm... The unlimited from 2 to 8 is tempting me to switch from eBox to TekSavvy. I just wonder how it will be implemented since videotron does not supply the usage data hourly...

ns1225

join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC
said by nickctn:

Hmm... The unlimited from 2 to 8 is tempting me to switch from eBox to TekSavvy. I just wonder how it will be implemented since videotron does not supply the usage data hourly...

By blindly allowing unlimited offpeak, I guess the worst case would be the Videotron-Teksavvy link is saturated but at night, not impacting a lot of users, right?

phreshive

join:2013-02-20
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
reply to TSI Marc
I am bumping my own comment: Marc, what do you foresee being the overage rate and cap?

ohmer

join:2003-08-06
Quebec, QC
kudos:1
reply to TSI Marc
How do you do your unlimited offpeak for cable (videotron)? Are you sure it's not a glitch from dsl spec? Unlimited offpeak apply for cable, sure? Please confirm!

Rickkins

Mtl, Canada
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Rickkins
said by Rickkins:

Yanno, just a wee few more hours on the unlimited time could well make all the difference....

I'm just saying.
Any wiggle room there...???
Yanno, say to 10 or 11 am in the morning...??

Lemme ask again.... any chance of running until 10 or 11 am..??(I don't need it to start at 2am)....

xcimo
Ebox 60Mbps

join:2007-11-21
Gatineau, QC
reply to TSI Marc
If the offpeak unlimited is real I would consider changing from ebox.

4 weeks you said?

Fred

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc
20 mbps
75 Gigs - $44.95
300 Gigs - $49.95
Illimité/Unlimited - $71.95

Pourquoi le prix du 20mbps est passé de 34,95@44,95$ pour le forfait à 75 go?

Merci!

You can answer in english.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by Fred :

20 mbps
75 Gigs - $44.95
300 Gigs - $49.95
Illimité/Unlimited - $71.95

Pourquoi le prix du 20mbps est passé de 34,95@44,95$ pour le forfait à 75 go?

Merci!

You can answer in english.

The prices went up because Videotron is charging more for TekSavvy to connect to their network. But if you're a lite enough user the unlimited window from 2am-8am will be enough to offset your usage for the periods when you are using the internet against your cap.

Rickkins

Mtl, Canada
reply to TSI Marc
I am kinda leaning towards this...

60 mbps
300 Gigs - $79.95

In large part because I already have cable & a docsis 3 modem, which I assume would work for the 60...