join:2009-01-07
Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to MFido

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Vidéotron

said by MFido:

the data count is only applicable towards download

So in reality I get a 75 gigs cap for download and unlimited upload. Strange, but I'll take it.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to TSI Marc

Hrmm, $44 for 20mbps with 300 GB + need to buy a new modem, or $50 for DSL 15 with dryloop... I'm getting really tempted to switch to cable now.

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2
reply to atmx093

said by atmx093:

said by MFido:

the data count is only applicable towards download

So in reality I get a 75 gigs cap for download and unlimited upload. Strange, but I'll take it.

And unlimited download and upload 2am to 8am ...

atmx093

join:2009-01-07
Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Thank you for clarifying.
Marc, how come upload's a separate thing on the bandwidth usage now? I haven't read other threads, but is this TSI-wide or Quebec cable only?

I'll take a stab at saying that it's a perk of managing your own capacity relatively to managing usage, but would still like to understand why the sudden change.

Thanks!

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23

It's ISP-wide. On all regions/tiers/services, the bandwidth cap only counts downloads during peak time. Off-peak is unlimited, and upload is unlimited.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

xcimo
Ebox 60Mbps

join:2007-11-21
Gatineau, QC
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

said by DoBoY:

Max overage?

Will there be a bandwidth tool to meter our usage?

$0.5/GB max of $50

yes. not initially but 2-4 months.

Hum, that dosen't make sense, unless I am missing something?

That would mean that you can take the lowest monthly cap + 50$ to make it unlimited, which is cheaper than taking the unlimited cap ?

Also, if there is no bandwidth tool, does that mean that until it's available the bandwidth usage is considered unlimited, or that the Off-peak do not apply until it's available?

Thanks!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

Sorry, for 60meg and higher speeds there's no cap precisely for that reason
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Marc

There is a bandwidth tool for Videotron, always has been since before it even launched. This is how CapSavvy can report bandwidth for TSI Videotron users. The one on the TSI page is essentially just a Videotron website in an iframe. It's Rogers that doesn't have a usage checker for wholesale.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc http://fixppp.org

RMerlin

join:2009-10-09
Montreal, QC

said by Guspaz:

There is a bandwidth tool for Videotron, always has been since before it even launched. This is how CapSavvy can report bandwidth for TSI Videotron users. The one on the TSI page is essentially just a Videotron website in an iframe. It's Rogers that doesn't have a usage checker for wholesale.

However, the Videotron tool probably can't take into account the "Free lunch hours", so Teksavvy will probably need to implement a separate tool.

DoBoY

join:2011-12-14
reply to TSI Marc

So there's no caps on overage ?

Tenshi

join:2002-11-24
Canada

For speeds of 60mbits and up, no $50 cap for overage... $0.5 per gig, no limit.

At least that's what I understand

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

said by Tenshi:

For speeds of 60mbits and up, no $50 cap for overage... $0.5 per gig, no limit.

At least that's what I understand

that's right
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Firefoxer

join:2007-09-27
Quebec, QC
reply to TSI Marc

The day we can change to those speeds/profiles comes, please post something in this thread. Or perhaps you're going to mass email us?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to TSI Marc

You guys will be informed for sure

Brienza1

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc

Well i was hoping you would keep the 5/1 300 gigs to 24.95, seeing this 5$ increase to 29.95 why dont you offer 150 gigs 5/1 for 24.95$ if you plan to increase.

xcimo
Ebox 60Mbps

Gatineau, QC
reply to xcimo

said by xcimo:

said by TSI Marc:

said by DoBoY:

Will there be a bandwidth tool to meter our usage?

yes. not initially but 2-4 months.

If there is no bandwidth tool, does that mean that until it's available the bandwidth usage is considered unlimited, or that the Off-peak do not apply until it's available?

Thanks!

Marc, can you clarify this?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

To clarify, we do have a usage tool. »secure.teksavvy.com/tools/en/cableusageb.asp. It may not yet incorporate the 2-8 times just as of yet.

For Ontario, we are currently working on a tool which is 2-4 months out.

xcimo
Ebox 60Mbps

Gatineau, QC
reply to TSI Marc

Ok so there is really no such thing as unlimited 2am - 8 am on videotron cable for a long time.

However upload is considered unlimited as soon as the new rate are made official.

Thanks

phreshive

join:2013-02-20
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac

My transfer just went through to Acanac. The hiccup (supposed to be on the 26th) was due to my cancellation of transfer that I made with TSI not having gone through. Unbeknownst to me, I had two providers (Videotron and TSI) on my line. Once I cleared that up with both TSI and Videotron, transfer went through.

Identical speeds to Videotron in my area. Posting this during prime time. I am one happy camper. Now time to start downloading Linux distros

Going to go post a review of the transfer process.

Pardesi

join:2013-03-06
reply to TSI Marc

It is still not clear if the unlimited window and unlimited upload will be applied once the rate are online or in 2-4 months when tool is ready ? While there is no tool will it mean no unlimited ?

Please some one from TSI clear this up, I feel like you are playing with these terms to confuse everyone who is hesitating to go to Ebox.

Montreal DSL

join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·voip.ms
·TekSavvy DSL

Nobody tries to confuse anybody... Just read the message:

1. There is a tool to count the usage
2. This tool (which is Videotron provided) cannot make a difference between the peak hours and the off-peak hours (2am - 8am) but you can check your overall usage
3. It may take some time to have the tool adjusted by Teksavvy to properly not consider the off-peak period

No, the tool to monitor the off-peak period will not be available next week or the the week after, when the new rates will be available.

xcimo
Ebox 60Mbps

Gatineau, QC

said by Montreal DSL:

Nobody tries to confuse anybody... Just read the message:

1. There is a tool to count the usage
2. This tool (which is Videotron provided) cannot make a difference between the peak hours and the off-peak hours (2am - 8am) but you can check your overall usage
3. It may take some time to have the tool adjusted by Teksavvy to properly not consider the off-peak period

No, the tool to monitor the off-peak period will not be available next week or the the week after, when the new rates will be available.

Therefore there will likely be no off-peak unlimited until such a tool is implemented.

Pardesi

reply to TSI Marc

So saying that there is unlimited 2 to 8 is kind a not true then if they are unable to provide it till the tool is available they should not put it in the rates, it kind a deceiving.

pldube

join:2011-06-11
canada
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·TekSavvy Cable
·Videotron
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Here you go as promised:

5 mbps
75 Gigs - $24.95
300 Gigs - $29.95
Unlimited - $36.95

10 mbps
150 Gigs - $29.95
300 Gigs - $36.95
Unlimited - $47.95

20 mbps
150 Gigs - $39.95
300 Gigs - $44.95
Unlimited - $69.95

30 mbps
75 Gigs - $49.95
300 Gigs - $54.95
Unlimited - $84.95

60 mbps
75 Gigs - $54.95
300 Gigs - $79.95
Unlimited - $134.95

120 mbps
75 Gigs - $79.95
300 Gigs - $124.95
Unlimited - $229.95

Wow! N'importe qui est moins cher que TSI pour mon 30Mbits illimité

»goo.gl/AdS2q

Quel est la meilleure façon de faire un switch vers un autre ISP ?

phreshive

join:2013-02-20
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac

pldube,

I doubt you had any issues with your connection in the entire time you were with either Videotron or TekSavvvy. Videotron's network is rock solid. The only time in my memory that I had an issue was many years ago during a labor dispute.

That being said, you would setup a cancellation date 3+ weeks in advance with Teksavvy and then sign up with your new provider giving them that date. From my recent experience, no two resellers can be on the same line. For more info, read the review I just posted for Acanac.

Pardesi

reply to pldube

ce que j'ai remarqué aussi, sur certain offre meme videotron est moins cher lol Que se passe t il TSI ?

Je pense prendre Ebox leur prix sont bon et leur reputation est tres bon avec beaucoup de reveiw positive.

Montreal DSL

join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·voip.ms
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc

pldube et Pardesi

Vive la compétition, non?

C'est à cause de ca que je suis avec Teksavvy (depuis 2004). Des le début ils ont lute contre Bell, Rogers et Videotron.

Ils one dépense temps, argent, nerfs pour qu'on peut avoir une vrai compétition. Aucun compagnie ne peut pas satisfaire 100% des ses clients.

Bien sur qu’ici et la d'autres ont des offres qui sont meilleures, la base de clients est différente et les couts sont différents.

Au moins vous ne dissiez pas que vous êtes "a loyal customer". Je hais quand les gens dissent ca. Chacun doit prendre soins de lui.

Personnellement je préfère de payer un peu plus avec Teksavvy (si le cas) car je sais qu'ils travaillent pour nous!

Disclaimer: On est revendeur Teksavvy aussi, mais ca ne change pas du tout ce que j'ai écris en haut

julienvf

join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC
kudos:1
reply to TSI Marc

Btw, anyone in Montréal area on any 20, 30 or 60mbps tier, reboot your modem. Vidéotron just upgraded their upload speed to 10mbps in many areas.

Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada

I checked earlier...still on 3...,

Urby

@teksavvy.com

I haven't been upgraded yet either, east end montreal.
Does anyone with the Motorola sb6120 have the newer speeds yet? There's no factory reset button so I've been resetting it in the web config page and restarting it/unplugging it. Can't wait for the faster speeds!!