how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fredtek

join:2009-09-05
reply to chaseme

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Vidéotron

Got updated this night. I just saw the blue light (multiple channels) on my modem (motorola 6180) on the upload light. No reset was needed.

darknestgirl

join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac
·Videotron
reply to chaseme

You should get 10 in upload, some member with videotron and electronic box have it.

Everyone whos on the ultimate 20 to ultimate 60 should get it.(ultimate 15 should be add too)

It can take a little time before the change is done but everyone should have it april17.

»corpo.videotron.com/site/press-r···ease/683

pldube

join:2011-06-11
canada
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to chaseme

said by chaseme:

Any non 30mbps users getting the 10 upload change? I'm a 20 down client and after a few modem resets I'm still on 1.5 up.

Yes I got it yesterday

IIgs
Premium
join:2002-10-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:1
reply to atmx093

said by atmx093:

said by Reboot123:

If I am on the 24.95$ cable plan (300GB), when the new rates are implemented will I be automatically switched to the 24.95$ (75GB) plan or to the 29.95$ (300GB) plan?

I'd like the answer to that one too, please.

I would assume the latter, your price will increase $5.

Going the other way involves changing the terms of your account (300 GB -> 75 GB) without your consent, and for most customers, without their knowledge either, since e-mail isn't a guaranteed contact method. This is just my guess of course.

I'm still waiting to see the new rates published on the official website. I have some friends and family members looking to switch to TSI and trying to decide whether DSL or cable is best price-wise.

Delta

join:2010-08-15
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

Now that we have received the speed upgrade and the new prices are coming, only thing missing is an internet bandwidth usage tool, one that can differentiate between the regular hours / Off hours and between download and upload usage.

I mean Videotron internet usage page is nice but it does not update in real time. Instead they seem to retrieve or aggregate the data only a few times per day, so whatever you download in the afternoon or in the evening can sometimes end up being added to the total for the next day internet usage...

The Overall monthly total usage is still very accurate (according to my own usage tool), just not the day to day usage, so I wonder how it will be possible to monitor the usage by the hour.

letoaster

@teksavvy.com
reply to pldube

I am on the 30 mbps 300gb plan in Vaudreuil, qc

just got my 10mbps upload.

So, if i understand correcly, starting right now, unlimited upload 24/24 7/7, unlimited download 2am to 8am 7/7.

I did not received an email concerning my new upload speed and pricing.

francis.

droid

@teksavvy.com

said by letoaster :

So, if i understand correcly, starting right now, unlimited upload 24/24 7/7, unlimited download 2am to 8am 7/7.

I did not received an email concerning my new upload speed and pricing.

francis.

probably not official until you get an email and until a proper usage tool is ready

corkyy

join:2008-06-01
Laval, QC
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc

Any plan for a 20mbps plan with a bit more download, 400GB, 450GB, at a price point lower than unlimited?

I'll still sign in for 300gb, but I would prefer some headroom while offpeak isnt active. Upgrade data block like Ebox or videotron itself could probably do it, and come down cheaper than the extra 0.5$/gb. With offpeak it's not even a problem.

lehons

join:2013-04-03
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Marc

TSI Marc See Profile Can you tell me if the 10Mb plan will use a DOCSIS 2 or 3 modem?
We're about to sign up, and I'd like to start with the 5Mb plan, then upgrade if it's not fast enough. I would not like to invest in a new modem, though, and Docsis 3 modems are way more expensive.

xcimo
Ebox 60Mbps

join:2007-11-21
Gatineau, QC
reply to TSI Marc

You should put the extra money on a docsis3 modem. They have the ability to use more qam which is useful even on low speed (maybe not 5mbps) especially when the cell has lots of docsis2 modem in it. It will have a longer lifetime and more future and upgrade proof.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to lehons

said by lehons:

TSI Marc See Profile Can you tell me if the 10Mb plan will use a DOCSIS 2 or 3 modem?
We're about to sign up, and I'd like to start with the 5Mb plan, then upgrade if it's not fast enough. I would not like to invest in a new modem, though, and Docsis 3 modems are way more expensive.

If you already own a Docsis2 cable modem you might as well use it but if you're buying a new modem buy a Docsis3 modem even though they cost more it means that you will not have to buy a new modem if you decide to upgrade to faster tier in the future.

Praneal

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc

What are the upload speeds associated to each package

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by Praneal :

What are the upload speeds associated to each package

»www.videotron.com/residentiel/in···identiel

xcimo
Ebox 60Mbps

join:2007-11-21
Gatineau, QC
reply to TSI Marc

Thoses pages don't include the new 10Mbps upload.

All TGV package (TGV15 and more) now have 10Mbps UP.

Montreal DSL

join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL

The official Videotron launch for the higher upload speeds is April 17.

pldube

join:2011-06-11
canada
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Here you go as promised:

5 mbps
75 Gigs - $24.95
300 Gigs - $29.95
Unlimited - $36.95

10 mbps
150 Gigs - $29.95
300 Gigs - $36.95
Unlimited - $47.95

20 mbps
150 Gigs - $39.95
300 Gigs - $44.95
Unlimited - $69.95

30 mbps
75 Gigs - $49.95
300 Gigs - $54.95
Unlimited - $84.95

60 mbps
75 Gigs - $54.95
300 Gigs - $79.95
Unlimited - $134.95

120 mbps
75 Gigs - $79.95
300 Gigs - $124.95
Unlimited - $229.95

Distributel ont augmenté leurs prix:
5mbps: 39.95$
10mbps: 51.95
20mbps: 62.95
30mbps:69.95

Le choix est rendu facile ... 3$ d'augmentation chez Distributel et 20$ chez TSI.

bbwarrior

join:2005-12-12
Saint-Laurent, QC

Merde avoir su j'aurai pas fait le saut vers le DSL. Bon si la commande chie je vais savoir ou aller.

Luc C

join:2013-03-07
Saint-Eustache, QC
reply to Montreal DSL

So theoretically we should be seeing the new speed for Cable 8 increase to 10 soon after?

Kev
TekSavvy.com
Premium
join:2005-06-12
canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Luc C:

So theoretically we should be seeing the new speed for Cable 8 increase to 10 soon after?

I'm already on 10/1.5 Mbps since December 2012 but I haven't said a word about it.

chuckdeg

@rogerstelecom.net

So i assume if i am on 20/2 75gigs actually ill get bumped to 150 gigs automatically? 5 $ more is ok but still...well at least i get decent upload speed now

Tenshi

join:2002-11-24
Canada
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

Is it just me... or is it time to leave?

I appreciate the feedback and info about the rates, but it's been since March 25th and still nothing on when and how...

2 weeks and only silence (ok, so there was Easter in there too...)

This might be the motivation enough for me to switch away... unless I have a "doh!" moment as I get home and check my inbox...

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

we waited to include the newly released 10meg upload speeds.

Every Wednesday we've been deploying new stuff... tomorrow the new rates will go live.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Tenshi

join:2002-11-24
Canada
reply to TSI Marc

hehehe... you should call them "magic wednesdays"

Ok, will see tomorrow then!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

hehe yeah. It pretty much is magic Wednesdays.. so many changes each week. We're almost through the bulk of it after this week.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

oogabooga

join:2013-04-08

I see the new rates are up on your website. One thing I noticed is that while the first post of this thread says:

10 mbps
75 Gigs - $29.95

while your website suggests that $29.95 gets 10 mbps cable with 150 Gigs. Can I please confirm which one is correct?

Also, the website does not mention if 2AM-6AM is 'happy hour' for downloading - would like to know if that applies as well.

Thanks!
Sam

DoBoY

join:2011-12-14
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

we waited to include the newly released 10meg upload speeds.

Every Wednesday we've been deploying new stuff... tomorrow the new rates will go live.

Ummm does that mean my bill is going up starting tomorrow? I have not gotten any emails regarding this!!

MFido

join:2012-10-19
reply to oogabooga

said by oogabooga:

I see the new rates are up on your website. One thing I noticed is that while the first post of this thread says:

10 mbps
75 Gigs - $29.95

while your website suggests that $29.95 gets 10 mbps cable with 150 Gigs. Can I please confirm which one is correct?

Also, the website does not mention if 2AM-6AM is 'happy hour' for downloading - would like to know if that applies as well.

Thanks!
Sam

Now it is 10M/150GB at $29.95. As Marc decided to give more GB as he had to increase prices, in order to compensate.

Same 150GB for the 20M pack (instead of 75GB)

Not sure if the happy hours are available yet ... most likely in 2 months if I understood well. Someone from Tek should confirm

DjstarX

@choopa.com
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Pour les plans limité - Illimité entre 2h et 8h avant midi./On plans that have usage caps - unlimited between 2am and 8am

regarding the off peak hour
Could we get some clarification on that ? is it in effect ?
thanks

MFido

join:2012-10-19
reply to TSI Marc

Marc, Andre ... I think you should change also the QC MyWorld page (at least the table on the right side) to clarify the new speeds/limits/prices available ... in order to make it easy for self serve for existing customers:

»myworld.teksavvy.com/ChangePackageV.aspx

oogabooga

join:2013-04-08
reply to DjstarX

said by DjStarX:

said by TSI Marc:

Pour les plans limité - Illimité entre 2h et 8h avant midi./On plans that have usage caps - unlimited between 2am and 8am

regarding the off peak hour
Could we get some clarification on that ? is it in effect ?
thanks

I would also like to know, as I'm about to sign up for a new cable internet service.