Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre to oogabooga

Premium Member

to oogabooga

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Vidéotron

said by oogabooga:

said by DjStarX:

said by TSI Marc:

Pour les plans limité - Illimité entre 2h et 8h avant midi./On plans that have usage caps - unlimited between 2am and 8am

regarding the off peak hour
Could we get some clarification on that ? is it in effect ?
thanks

I would also like to know, as I'm about to sign up for a new cable internet service.

Yes this is in effect... unlimited between 2 and 8 AM.
simsin0
join:2008-01-06

simsin0

Hey Pierre what about the upload? It is not counted towards the new rates right?

letoaster
@imagomedical.com

letoaster to MFido

Anon

to MFido
Hi Marc,
It would be great if we could have an update on the following:

Effective date on the download happy hours, IE 2AM to 8AM
Effective date on unlimited upload 24/24 7/7
Effective date on new pricing.

best regards,
francis.
ns1225
join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC

ns1225 to TSI Pierre

to TSI Pierre
said by TSI Pierre:

Isn't the problem with Videotron's/Teksavvy usage recording system still unresolved?
DjStarX
join:2013-04-10
Saint-Laurent, QC

DjStarX to TSI Pierre

to TSI Pierre
Great ! Thanks for confirming that TSI Pierre .
I am about to sign up for the 20/10 -300g For $44.95 . The happy hour (2am-8am) is a big plus for me as all my dl is done at night , but I needed to make sure before I make the switch to cable ($252 for modem, install etc..).
xcimo
Fibe 50-50
join:2007-11-21
Gatineau, QC

xcimo to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Question:

At: »www.teksavvy.com/en/resi ··· et/cable

If I enter my postal code, I see that 120Mbps is available, however I'm pretty sure that service is not availaible in Gatineau... At least videotron dosen't offer it.

Also, if the unlimited off-peak and upload are effective, will that usage be automatically removed from the monthly usage? (on the website) ?
xcimo

xcimo to TSI Pierre

to TSI Pierre
said by TSI Pierre:

You guys forgot to include this to the QC, Cable package then:

On the DSL pages the following is on the website:
"Unlimited Usage between 2am and 8am

For our DSL customers we are offering unlimited usage between 2am and 8am. This allows our customers to download large items free of charge during this time period. Items downloaded during this time do not count toward your Bandwidth limit. "

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre

Premium Member

said by xcimo:

said by TSI Pierre:

You guys forgot to include this to the QC, Cable package then:

On the DSL pages the following is on the website:
"Unlimited Usage between 2am and 8am

For our DSL customers we are offering unlimited usage between 2am and 8am. This allows our customers to download large items free of charge during this time period. Items downloaded during this time do not count toward your Bandwidth limit. "

thanks for the info, I will get this corrected.
Brienza
join:2005-02-08

Brienza to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Hey,

Can you update the myteksavvy portal so I can make the service upgrade through the site I just called customer service and waited 20 minutes with no answer?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

There is a way to leave a call back option when you call in. It should be prompting you for it every 5 mins.

There is also the »/forum ··· avdirect forum if you'd like.

Regards,
Martin

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Brienza

Premium Member

to Brienza
said by Brienza:

Hey,

Can you update the myteksavvy portal so I can make the service upgrade through the site I just called customer service and waited 20 minutes with no answer?

We're looking at everything. The problem is that we're in the middle of replacing the customer portal. Doing any work on it is not easy... that's why we're replacing it. So, the short answer is no but we are looking into it to see if it's worth doing anything. We're a few months away from the new portal and we'll likely be asking to put together a team to beta test it and see about getting some ppl from DSLr involved in testing it.
xcimo
Fibe 50-50
Gatineau, QC

xcimo to TSI Pierre

to TSI Pierre
Thanks Pierre,

Theses are definitely great news, unlimited upload on all packages as well as Unlimited off-peak!

corkyy
join:2008-06-01
Laval, QC

corkyy to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
So :
Unlimited upload
Unlimited 2-8

Is 1 month in advance is too much for ordering or i'll get better install date avaible?

I'm moving, no dsl 25/10 for me, so cable 20/10 fit my need!, I'll miss usenet+static, another year maybe.

Fredtek
join:2009-09-05

Fredtek to Brienza

to Brienza
said by Brienza:

Hey,

Why you can't? All the new plan are there in the drop list, just no price. I did mine on the portal and got a done reply within the hour. Pretty effective!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

hum. not sure that's there anymore Fred. and if it is.. we may need to take it down! can you do a screen cap of it?

Fredtek
join:2009-09-05

Fredtek

said by TSI Marc:

hum. not sure that's there anymore Fred. and if it is.. we may need to take it down! can you do a screen cap of it?

Sure! Here it is. »www.fredou.net/tek-portal.jpg

I successfully did the change request after 6pm with this form.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

k. good stuff. thanks.
Pardesi
join:2013-03-06

Pardesi to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
For happy hours you guys have a tool now or you are for the time being not counting the cap at all at anytime ? because technically videotron apparently don't provide you the live cap consumption

Can anyone confirm ?
pldube
join:2011-06-11
canada

pldube

Im already paid my 30Mbits unlimited for this month, I guess if I change for a 30Mbits @ 75GB ... I will not get a credit for the 16$ I paid over

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to Brienza

to Brienza
said by Brienza:

Hey,

Just did it ... it is updated with the new speeds and prices!

chuckdeg
@rogerstelecom.net

chuckdeg

Anon

the new 20 cable lite has 150 gigs so i suppose it will get bumped automatically or will stay on my old 75 gigs ? i feel it kinda strange that existing customers haven't received an email regarding these changes.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by chuckdeg :

the new 20 cable lite has 150 gigs so i suppose it will get bumped automatically or will stay on my old 75 gigs ? i feel it kinda strange that existing customers haven't received an email regarding these changes.

yes, 75 will go to 150.

10meg upload speeds are auto also.. should already have happened.

The notices will go out next week. ...each time we send notices out, it creates more work.. more call volume.. more emails... we have to stagger everything in order to keep up. We have ppl working overtime already now for weeks..

we waited to deploy videotron in order to include the 10meg upload speeds that recently went live..

chuckdeg
@rogerstelecom.net

chuckdeg

Anon

ok Marc. thanks for the reply. Guess i am longer tempted to switch to Electronic Box
Keep up the good work.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

haha. good stuff. and thanks!
xcimo
Fibe 50-50
Gatineau, QC

xcimo to Pardesi

to Pardesi
said by Pardesi:

For happy hours you guys have a tool now or you are for the time being not counting the cap at all at anytime ? because technically videotron apparently don't provide you the live cap consumption

Can anyone confirm ?

Marc/Others, this questions was asked over and over again.

How will the offpeak be managed if it's in effect now there is no tool available to monitor off-peak usage?
pldube
join:2011-06-11
canada

pldube

said by xcimo:

said by Pardesi:

Can anyone confirm ?

Marc/Others, this questions was asked over and over again.

How will the offpeak be managed if it's in effect now there is no tool available to monitor off-peak usage?

24h later ... no answer hmmmm

Monsieur
William
join:2011-03-18
canada

Monsieur

Silence is sometimes the answer.
simsin0

simsin0 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Im sure the situation isnt easy, but judging from the past experiences . I would expect teksavvy to come up with a positive resolution for the customer.

I for one prefer they come out and say something concrete then say something only to have to change it 48hrs later.
DjStarX
join:2013-04-10
Saint-Laurent, QC

DjStarX to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
My guess is ...It's not being monitored until the tool is ready , so no cap .But if they were to say that , all hell would break loose. But it has been confirmed numerous time that off peak (2-8) pm is in effect
simsin0

simsin0

would make sense